JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We're practically neighbors. I'm going this year for sure. We used to go every year while my son was young. He went gaga for the tractors. I like the saw mill, the thrashing, and the old engines.
right on! yeah my kid loves tractors. i grew up driving a tractor. when my parents were building their new house two years ago i was doing a little dirt work with a small john deere farm tractor and had my son on my lap at times. he had a blast.

yeah we probably are neighbors. i live up wheatland a ways near the meadows

So what time do ya'll get there? Maybe we should meet and say "Hey" under the flag pole at nine or something?

I'll tell you what, if you haven't been there for awhile the place is really crowded now and parking is half way to the road by 9:00. Seems it goes up another dollar every year too. And I hate that they don't even start the parade until 1:30. I'm a gearhead so I still enjoy it, but without more places to rest my legs just can't stay long enough. They used to have a decent tractor pull that started at noon too, but canned that. I gotta say though, the people are pretty decent, don't recall seeing many (any?) skinny jeans and douche-knot wearing snowflakes! Just a bunch of good ol' country folks!

Anyway, Wifey and I get there around 8:30.

My current plan, Sat the 29th, arrive about 9 with Grandson in tow. I'll have a red hat on. Not my shooting hat, my showing support for my reality TV show hat.

I am planning to meet with my buddy and his grand kids. He'll undoubtedly be wearing a Navy hat. Color and organization.

Feel free to say hey.

So what time do ya'll get there? Maybe we should meet and say "Hey" under the flag pole at nine or something?

I'll tell you what, if you haven't been there for awhile the place is really crowded now and parking is half way to the road by 9:00. Seems it goes up another dollar every year too. And I hate that they don't even start the parade until 1:30. I'm a gearhead so I still enjoy it, but without more places to rest my legs just can't stay long enough. They used to have a decent tractor pull that started at noon too, but canned that. I gotta say though, the people are pretty decent, don't recall seeing many (any?) skinny jeans and douche-knot wearing snowflakes! Just a bunch of good ol' country folks!

Anyway, Wifey and I get there around 8:30.

I always have my seat with me, my walker. A very handy piece of equipment. Also useful for transporting gun show purchases.

i may be there tomorrow. look for me. silencerco hat and red shirt with a deer skull that says "maui built" on it. will hve my 3yrd old son, he has longer blonde hair. say hi if you see me!!

i may be there tomorrow. look for me. silencerco hat and red shirt with a deer skull that says "maui built" on it. will hve my 3yrd old son, he has longer blonde hair. say hi if you see me!!

I'll have to try and remember that...."Sliencerco hat , red shirt, deer scull, Maui built....Little three year old hippy looking kid!...got it. :D Me: 60ish with gray medium beard, ball cap (not sure which one), T-shirt, camera around my neck, with short haired blond, younger than me looking wife.

I'll be there with my adult son. He has red hair and beard. I'm not sure exactly what T shirt I'll be wearing, but it probably will be a Saddle Butte Machine gun Shoot shirt, or something else gun related. Probably be wearing a black ball cap with EC on it.

I'll be there with my adult son. He has red hair and beard. I'm not sure exactly what T shirt I'll be wearing, but it probably will be a Saddle Butte Machine gun Shoot shirt, or something else gun related. Probably be wearing a black ball cap with EC on it.
do u work for EC company? i used to work there. my dad has worked there for 20+out of albany

it was fun today!! he had a great time he's not much for taking pictures though

IMG_0196.JPG IMG_0197.JPG IMG_0198.JPG

Well dang! Wifey and I, Wifey especially, kept looking for the little long hair blond kid! :D We just got home too.

A bunch of real cool "Stuff" at the flea market. As I do every year bought another handle for my pitch fork that I abuse and neglect by leaving out in the weather all year. The handle has been $8.00 for years from the same guy. And found an old, low use, Craftsman 16" chainsaw for $35.00, just like mine that recently sprung a leak in the oil tank. Now I won't have to spend $179.00 for a new Husky, Poulan or Stihl! Next year though we will take our own food. It's a shame these folks can't get more, DECENT, food for all those people.

Well dang! Wifey and I, Wifey especially, kept looking for the little long hair blond kid! :D We just got home too.

A bunch of real cool "Stuff" at the flea market. As I do every year bought another handle for my pitch fork that I abuse and neglect by leaving out in the weather all year. The handle has been $8.00 for years from the same guy. And found an old, low use, Craftsman 16" chainsaw for $35.00, just like mine that recently sprung a leak in the oil tank. Now I won't have to spend $179.00 for a new Husky, Poulan or Stihl! Next year though we will take our own food. It's a shame these folks can't get more, DECENT, food for all those people.
What was the food situation? I know in the past they had Shorty's Boys BBQ that was pretty great. I haven't been down in years however. Wife and I are headed down with the little one and want to know if we should pack a lunch.

ha ha yep, we looked for ya! glad you had a good time. he fell asleep on the 5 min drive home

What was the food situation? I know in the past they had Shorty's Boys BBQ that was pretty great. I haven't been down in years however. Wife and I are headed down with the little one and want to know if we should pack a lunch.

I'm not going to spend $18.00 for the two of us to have some BBQ. The standard Lions, Kiwanis etc booths have always served semi warm expensive burgers. The "Polish" sausage on a bun was dry and the dog was barely warm. The place we got a good sausage on a bun, and curly fries last year had NO tables to sit at this year. You're not going to starve, but the food quality is nothing like many of the food carts anywhere in PDX. Give it a shot, the spendy stuff might be good. I know I quit doing the Hawaiian shave Ice because $5.00 was too much to pay for a small bowl of shaved ice with artificial fruit flavored syrup on it. YMMV.

I'm not going to spend $18.00 for the two of us to have some BBQ. The standard Lions, Kiwanis etc booths have always served semi warm expensive burgers. The "Polish" sausage on a bun was dry and the dog was barely warm. The place we got a good sausage on a bun, and curly fries last year had NO tables to sit at this year. You're not going to starve, but the food quality is nothing like many of the food carts anywhere in PDX. Give it a shot, the spendy stuff might be good. I know I quit doing the Hawaiian shave Ice because $5.00 was too much to pay for a small bowl of shaved ice with artificial fruit flavored syrup on it. YMMV.
Copy, thanks for the info.

Had a pretty good day. My buddy ended up on the E-Room. Kidney stone. One minute we are out past the car show looking at the logging equipment, and next I got a text from his wife. 4.5 mm, drink till it passes.

My favorite was the train car - MSY -
Mom Said Yes

LI5leiA7tX_zHAfL-fEXAw--U7Q5Qi0DbU3bUN3NBZ67MFxRQm9AuK8hkX2QK6BgVouShDoK978IMV5rSg=w1068-h801-no.jpg

My 5 yr old grandson also hit on the girl on the wagon - ride from parking lot to the entrance. Stole a kiss. Not sure if I should be proud ... or not.

anr4LAyGQT1IgkFM89oyzfLu11hqqqPUe8k46Rkv4rbxc6VJYngYcVa0pGgrZn_P9iIaXi8aTTPemchy-Q=w1068-h801-no.jpg

Of course there was a tractor pull

yeextmLfbKqZe16wP6ld_QpsaV11ZZO42GGT0tVo70T9iiTb8HJYU-lchoALcDkFf1nyxr4fLvAVa7GvTA=w1068-h801-no.jpg

My second favorite was the Art Deco Tractor
Aero dynamic

jz-JyJQUXOzLh5arlzKCDjXv8rTM1Ua1Xm6w3LZpiv_3_6wl349A_9ZaMR0tabNkb9C_Xy-q2IHUH4Ci3Q=w1068-h801-no.jpg

Family just got back bit ago and we had a wonderful time. I found the food options to be fine, it wasn't gorumet or cheap, but we hit up the Asian place outside the Caterpillar Musuem and it was tasty. Not the best I have ever had but good and filling, and yes $18 bucks for 2 people with a drink.

I haven't been out there in probably 4-5 years and man has Ppwerland grown up! My daughter love the trucks and tractors and drug Mom off to see the big Fairbanks Morse running in the engine building. We hit the swap meet and then had lunch. I took my daughter for trip around Willow Springs on the train. She LOVES trains and had a great time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top