JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welp, it's been interesting, to say the least...

Since I got the offenders (both the renter and the landlord) sent to the Benton County Jail for the night back at the end of July of 2022, they've been quiet as church mice. And they've kept their mutts' barking under control, as well. I think they now understand that I mean phuq'n business...

That being said, around Labor Day weekend last fall, some asshat redneck a block over got a mutt (think it's a Lab) that they just throw in a kennel in the back yard at about 0600 every day, then leave and go off to work or something. It sits in that kennel all day long, just barking it's fool head off at nothing. All. bubbleguming. Day.

Since I work from home, this is more than just a bit annoying. I can't concentrate while working, so just know that if a bridge I design falls down and a buncha people get killed, it's the phuq'n redneck's fault. That mutt is too far away for the ultrasonic dog silencer I bought to do any good. Damned mutt is too far out of range. The mutt is in the backyard of the house that's next to my neighbor's house, so basically the mutt is two houses away, as opposed to the asshats' mutts that are just on the other side of my backyard fence. The ultrasonic silencer worked pretty damned good on those curs. I had finally installed it around February of this year, and the first time they ran up to the back fence and started barking at me, it went off. I could tell because they yelped like someone had stuck a hot poker up their bubblegum! :s0140: They ran off and STFU'd pretty fast. But this asshat redneck's new mutt is two houses away, like 50 or 60 yards or more. I've rallied a few other neighbors to The Cause, and we'll be approaching this assclown about his loudmouthed mutt in the near future. So stay tuned...

Last Edited:
Welp, it's been interesting, to say the least...

Since I got the offenders (both the renter and the landlord) sent to the Benton County Jail for the night back at the end of July of 2022, they've been quiet as church mice. And they've kept their mutts' barking under control, as well. I think they now understand that I mean phuq'n business...

That being said, around Labor Day weekend last fall, some asshat redneck a block over got a mutt (think it's a Lab) that they just throw in a kennel in the back yard at about 0600 every day, then leave and go off to work or something. It sits in that kennel all day long, just barking it's fool head off at nothing. All. bubbleguming. Day.

Since I work from home, this is more than just a bit annoying. I can't concentrate while working, so just know that if a bridge I design falls down and a buncha people get killed, it's the phuq'n redneck's fault. That mutt is too far away for the ultrasonic dog silencer I bought to do any good. It's out of range. It's in the backyard of the house that's next to my neighbor's house, so basically two houses away. It's like 50 yards or more. I've rallied a few other neighbor's to The Cause, and we'll be approaching this assclown about his loudmouthed mutt in the near future. So stay tuned...
:s0093:

:s0135:

My next door neighbor came over once and kindly said: "I don't want to be "THAT" neighbor, but I work from home and when your dog barks during the day, it's horribly distracting and interrupting. I can't think and can't work. There were 2 reasons the dog barked.

1st) because I was feeding the birds and in addition to the birds: the squirrels, and also the rats that lived under her hot tub, were feasting all day long when they could get to the feeder.

2nd) My dog is a hunting dog and they don't breed them if they don't "bark up a tree". That is, when you are in the deep woods and the dog gets on a scent, they take off and tree whatever they are on. At that point they might be over in the next county and barking is considered a positive, and critically important, feature. They literally don't breed them if they don't bark.

Now, I'm not talking about barking all day. Only when the squirrels got near the feeder. The rats didn't get barked at but at times were caught and killed in a flurry of fury. Anyway, the very next day the bird food was gone and I had a bark collar on her and it's worked perfectly. I went over and thanked her for asking so nicely, told her that the collar had an adjustment feature and just let me know if I ever needed to increase the sensitivity. She checked back in a few days later and thanked me, saying it was working perfectly.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Compare and contrast my neighbor at the coast. Young kid, but a good guy, has a beautiful German Shepard that barked incessantly all day while he's at work. The story I heard is that someone wrapped some rat poison up in hamburger and tossed it over the fence. The dudes girlfriend happened to be over visiting and saw the person, but didn't recognize him or understand what had occurred until her beautiful (and non-barking) Golden Retriever had eaten the burger. Pup got it's stomach pumped and survived and now the German Shepard is an inside dog during the day. Everybody's happy again.

Good luck!

We live in a nice, relatively high value neighborhood. One of my neighbors was a disabled Vietnam veteran, and he was allowing 2 generations of his family to live with him. He recently passed, and his daughter and granddaughters (who appear to be early 20's now) must've inherited his million+ home, they just leave his German shepherd out all night. And the damn dog barks in a consistent pattern of 6 barks, pauses for 15 seconds, then another salvo of 6 barks. All. Damn. Night.
I have since formed a negative opinion of the husbandless mother and overweight daughters who don't seem to wash their hair often enough.
Yes, I'm that petty.

We have air conditioning now, but I would like to turn it off at night and open the windows, but the dog wakes us up. In a neighborhood of 109 homes, they're the only house that has noisy, uncontrolled dog.

My next door neighbor came over once and kindly said: "I don't want to be "THAT" neighbor, but I work from home and when your dog barks during the day, it's horribly distracting and interrupting. I can't think and can't work. There were 2 reasons the dog barked.

1st) because I was feeding the birds and in addition to the birds: the squirrels, and also the rats that lived under her hot tub, were feasting all day long when they could get to the feeder.

2nd) My dog is a hunting dog and they don't breed them if they don't "bark up a tree". That is, when you are in the deep woods and the dog gets on a scent, they take off and tree whatever they are on. At that point they might be over in the next county and barking is considered a positive, and critically important, feature. They literally don't breed them if they don't bark.

Now, I'm not talking about barking all day. Only when the squirrels got near the feeder. The rats didn't get barked at but at times were caught and killed in a flurry of fury. Anyway, the very next day the bird food was gone and I had a bark collar on her and it's worked perfectly. I went over and thanked her for asking so nicely, told her that the collar had an adjustment feature and just let me know if I ever needed to increase the sensitivity. She checked back in a few days later and thanked me, saying it was working perfectly.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Compare and contrast my neighbor at the coast. Young kid, but a good guy, has a beautiful German Shepard that barked incessantly all day while he's at work. The story I heard is that someone wrapped some rat poison up in hamburger and tossed it over the fence. The dudes girlfriend happened to be over visiting and saw the person, but didn't recognize him or understand what had occurred until her beautiful (and non-barking) Golden Retriever had eaten the burger. Pup got it's stomach pumped and survived and now the German Shepard is an inside dog during the day. Everybody's happy again.

Good luck!
Bill, I can only hope that the asshat redneck with the unshutupable mutt is such an evolved person as you. But I highly doubt, given the state of his abode and surrounding yard, that he has advanced much past the Neanderthal stage of human development. But everyone is telling me that I at least ought to give him a try at communication. So, there's that...

As I've said before in this thread, I have no intention of poisoning, or doing anything else that could remotely be determined to be permanently debilitating to, the animal. It's not the mutt's fault that it's bored to tears and barks all damned day long. I put that square on the shoulders of the cur's owner...

We live in a nice, relatively high value neighborhood. One of my neighbors was a disabled Vietnam veteran, and he was allowing 2 generations of his family to live with him. He recently passed, and his daughter and granddaughters (who appear to be early 20's now) must've inherited his million+ home, they just leave his German shepherd out all night. And the damn dog barks in a consistent pattern of 6 barks, pauses for 15 seconds, then another salvo of 6 barks. All. Damn. Night.
I have since formed a negative opinion of the husbandless mother and overweight daughters who don't seem to wash their hair often enough.
Yes, I'm that petty.

We have air conditioning now, but I would like to turn it off at night and open the windows, but the dog wakes us up. In a neighborhood of 109 homes, they're the only house that has noisy, uncontrolled dog.
That right there. This used to be a middle-middle to upper-middle class neighborhood when I bought this place 18 years ago. The house was finished in 2002, and I bought it in 2005 as the second owner. Everyone here at the time were gainfully employed folks, and it was a nice place to raise kids, being in a more affluent section of town. Over the last few years, since about 2015 or so it seems, the older (read: quieter) folks moved away to retirement homes or just died, and the place began to fill up with the more unsavory and socially regressed side of humans. Now, I have local kids deciding that my yard and property are their own personal playground, young adults (term used loosely) rev their dirt bikes in their driveways at 0100 hrs and blast their car stereos at 0230 hrs upon returning home from the bars drunk as skunks, and those with mutts just let them bark incessantly at all hours of the day and night. Just as you like(d) to do, MIC, I used to like to sleep with my windows open for a few weeks at this time of year and again for a few weeks in the fall. But I can't do that anymore, as the noise is just too overwhelming. It's depressing that there are people that think it's totally normal to disrespect your fellow neighbors... :(

Last Edited:
A lot of them may have come from the cities where excess noise is just part of life and some may have come from literal trailer parks and rural homes where no one else bothered them.
I think most of the worst offenders have moved up from el barrio bajo...

There, I said it! But, I guess...

full.gif

Last Edited:
Yes, I'm that petty.

Fight muffin top with muffin top is what I say!

First off, apologies to all of you out there that have dogs that are trained and behaved...

rant/
The asshat "neighbors" are at it again. For the past two weekends, plus all week in between, they've left their barking, yowling, whining, crying, yelping mutts (3 of them!) abandoned in their backyard with no one home to do a damned thing about it. I am at my wit's end. I have a conference call to Nairobi at 0630 tomorrow, and I can't get a lick of sleep. It's been like this since Friday the 6th, when those assmutts got dropped off and left.

The cops won't do anything. They say it's Animal Control's job. Animal Control won't do anything without months and months of recorded data on their cute little forms of each and every date, time, location, and duration of each particular dog barking. Can't kill 'em, no one takes them inside or quiets them, and I'm out of options. I have zero quality of life, I can't even use my backyard, being barked and snarled at constantly through the fence. It's a PITA to try and grill and I feel like a damned burglar in my own backyard with "Security" lighting off every time I even open my back door. My neighborhood sucks now because of these disrespectful assclowns and their dogs. Yet, if I call them out on it, then I'm a racist and must check my white privilege.

They are barking at absolutely nothing right now... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

/rant

Can one get a restraining order on dogs? o_O
Give them snacks and tell them they're good boys. They'll eventually listen to you more than their owners.

I live fairly rural and back before I went deaf barking dogs would keep me up at night. I always kept mine indoors at night to keep them quiet. We had a distant neighbor that had a yapping dog that went all night...all night. I had had enough and took off walking around 1 am and found the house with the dog. I knocked on the door and asked them if they could hear their dog barking. To my surprise someone answered fully clothed. The answer was "no". I told them I was worried about the dog being in danger because it barks all night every night. I told them the sound funnels to my house and keeps me awake. The guy said they could not hear the dog bark and did not believe that it was their dog keeping me up.

Once home the dog barking stopped for the night. I ran into the guy a week or so later and he told me his daughter was at a sleepover down the street and she complained of a dog barking all night while at her friends house.....turns out they could hear his dog as well. I told him I could not believe a dog could bark that much every day and not lose its voice. He since has remedied the dogs barking by leaving it in at night.

Here is a funny story.....two houses away the gal has two big rescue pit bulls. They are a nice a can be except around other dogs. They would get out and come and fight my dog through the fence. I would shoo them home and all was good. One day the dogs got out and would not leave. So I walked the dogs back to their house, they followed me just as happy as could be.

Once at their house I walked to the front door, with the dogs at my side, and knocked on the front door. At that point the two dogs ran off around the back of the house. I knocked a second time and both dogs came to the door, from the inside, and started barking wildly at me. So funny, they were with me all happy and once I knocked their instinct kicked in and they ran around to bark at whomever was at the front door!

Nobody was home at the moment and I caught the dogs again another day and walked them home again. I told the man of the house that this was the last time I walked them home...next time I would drag their bloody bodies home for them to bury...they have never been back.

How do y'all feel about the poop situation?

My neighborhood is generally homes on 7500-9000 sq ft lots, and I used to have an issue with dog poop. I got a camera system and figured out whose dogs were guilty and that issue was solved.

However, prior to solving the doggy poo identities, when I would find poo in my yard, I would fling it into the middle of the street.
That seems to piss off my neighbors.
I had one complain to me that his kids play in the street and I was being a jerk.
Anyways, it turned out his dog was on video pooping in my yard, and he has since prevented it, but I think he still resents me.

Now, I ask, WTF am I, as someone who doesn't own dogs, supposed to do with someone else's dog poop?
Last time I had a dog I was a kid, and we NEVER did this thing of allowing our dogs to poop on someone's property then pick it up with a bag. We used to "potty" the dog before taking it anywhere. And where we lived, we'd just fling the poo over the fence onto undeveloped property (hey y'all that was way back when! No judging) .

But I resent, that people with backyards think that doggy potty time is walking the dog to a neighbor's property so it can poo, pee or diarrhea on someone else's grass. Even if they pick up solid poo, it's still disgusting and the pee and diarrhea can't be bagged out.

I don't want my trash can fouled by poo as it bakes in the sun, so what do my offended neighbors think I should do about it?

My neighborhood is generally homes on 7500-9000 sq ft lots, and I used to have an issue with dog poop. I got a camera system and figured out whose dogs were guilty and that issue was solved.

However, prior to solving the doggy poo identities, when I would find poo in my yard, I would fling it into the middle of the street.
That seems to piss off my neighbors.
I had one complain to me that his kids play in the street and I was being a jerk.
Anyways, it turned out his dog was on video pooping in my yard, and he has since prevented it, but I think he still resents me.

Now, I ask, WTF am I, as someone who doesn't own dogs, supposed to do with someone else's dog poop?
Last time I had a dog I was a kid, and we NEVER did this thing of allowing our dogs to poop on someone's property then pick it up with a bag. We used to "potty" the dog before taking it anywhere. And where we lived, we'd just fling the poo over the fence onto undeveloped property (hey y'all that was way back when! No judging) .

But I resent, that people with backyards think that doggy potty time is walking the dog to a neighbor's property so it can poo, pee or diarrhea on someone else's grass. Even if they pick up solid poo, it's still disgusting and the pee and diarrhea can't be bagged out.

I don't want my trash can fouled by poo as it bakes in the sun, so what do my offended neighbors think I should do about it?
My thing has been cat poop. New people bought the nice old gals house next door. Gutted it and redid it. They were thrilled that their TWO cats could be free now. Now that they were out of the apartment they'd been living in. During the rebuild they even put in a cat door(chip activated) next to their front door. I've pretty much been a gardener for the last 50 years of my life. Unlike their yard, my yard has dirt in it. Not just grass like theirs that is mostly un-trimmed. I'd already had cats climb my 6' fence to use my yard. They were from across the street. I walked across the street to toss HER cats crap on her lawn. And the new people next door got theirs back too. Right over the fence! You could tell the difference, next door fed their cats some kind of yellow food. A couple weeks later one of their two cat disappeared. It wasn't ME. I love cats. HOUSE cats. I think they lost the other one too and got another one that they keep inside now.

I never understood how people will have all kinds of money. They won't blink at spending hundreds -to several thousand $$$ on a dog. They will walk that dog around proudly, and watch it piss on people's lawns, manicured box wood, or evergreen shrubs, burning the foliage and not bat an eye! And they'll do it every DAY!

Give them snacks and tell them they're good boys. They'll eventually listen to you more than their owners.
I haven't the patience for that anymore. That ship sailed years ago. I am so aggro'ed everytime I see or hear them now, I just want them to STFU and go away...

Last Edited:
Just more disrespect from subhumans... At least they pick up their dog's shiit now... mostly... I actually had to call someone out on that who walked their dog by my home. Said mutt took a dump on my yard, scratched up the lawn, and then they proceeded to walk away. I just happened to be coming around the corner of the house and saw it all go down. I hollered at the dude to come back and clean up the dogbubblegum. I got the excuse that he didn't have a bag. But I just so happened to have some grocery store bags on me, having just come from harvesting some veggies from the backyard planting beds. I gave him the bag and stood over him, like an angry mother over the little tyke who just broke the window pane, until he cleaned it up and walked far enough down the neighborhood that I was sure he wasn't going to just leave it on my, or someone else's lawn. Phuq'n assclown... :rolleyes:

ETA:
Stealing this from @conditor22 from the Quote For Today thread. So accurate...

Undisciplined children_bubblegumty adults.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews