Trigger upgrade for AR9?

Reactions
The OEM trigger on the CMMG Banshee needs to make way for better, or I get out my stones and hand lap. Being this is my first AR9 type, I'm be cautious, and not wanting to fark around. I've used Geissele, great triggers. Larue, same. I think Geissele is a bit overboard for this application though.

Single stage or 2-stage?
Share me your thoughts to give me a direction, what's best applicable for this use.

Reno

Reactions
I run primarily single stage drop in units in most of my AR and AR style platforms. I’ve got a couple of brands. My go to these days is the Aim Surplus, which I’m certain is made by timney. I’m running a POF in the CMMG and it works wonderfully. I’ve also got a Velocity drop in that is very nice. I can’t tell much difference between the POF and the Velocity, the AIM has a slightly longer travel but is still as clean of a break as the others.

OP
Reactions
Cartridge types, I've never tried. Looks like they also need a couple bones due to being encapsulated.
I will surely read into them.
The question I'm asking is somewhat redundant. Triggers and the need are better defined by trying them.
Considering the application.

Reno

Reactions
Your pretty safe with the delayed blowback on the Banshee. It’s a lot easier on triggers than standard blowback AR9 bolts. Some AR9s have problems with slam fire and reduced pull triggers. In other words the mass of the bolt going forward releases the disconnect and you get unintentional automatic fire.

Reactions
its a hit or miss due to the bolt, geiselle has no pcc trigger rated. but I run a alg in my pcc

my spp and sd3g wouldn't slam fire but the resets so short and the way the bolt is I could make it do many shots if you rode the sweet spot

I was doing some research and it appears that a standard CMC will work with my bolt. That would simplify things if you were to use a standard 5.56 lower and not have to worry about switching triggers out.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom