JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got a new S & W SD 40 VE. It is a price point polymer frame .40 caliber. Nice enough gun, I wanted a .40 to have as EDC and a full frame pistol anyway.

One of my boys and I put 50 rounds through it yesterday and neither one of us could get anything even close to an acceptable group at 15 yards. We both were shooting low and even after trying to correct, I felt the trigger pull was pretty hard, and realize the manufacturers make them that way.

Other son came by with his Glock 17 and we put a few rounds through it with a noticeable lighter trigger pull. He tried the 40 and had the same result and opinion. They are both Marine Corps combat veterans so I trust their skills.

Another son also Marine Corps and was an armorer and he thinks we can rework it a bit.

Anybody else have the same piece and tried to rework the trigger pull ?

The Apex AET was enough for me to put round where I wanted them. Lighter spring kits (Apex and Galloway) are good too, but I think the Trigger did more for me than the springs.

I put the Apex parts in mine which really helped the trigger, unfortunately I still can't seem to shoot it accurately. I like the gun, its just not very accurate for me

My wife bought a S&W SD9 VE as she loved the controls and ergonomics. Then off to the range...it could not do minute of pie plate at seven yards. we made 4 or 5 range trips and then she went and traded it for a Glock 17. I don't think they had Apex at the time as I did do a Google search for a solution. The wife doesn't like being reminded of it.
It is based off the old Sigma design, not the M&P. I don't think they worried about the accuracy that's why the SD for Self Defense.

I own the SD40VE and have the Apex trigger and spring kit in the mail as we speak! The trigger on the gun is pretty bad. I get the fact that the only safety is the trigger, but the long 8+ pound pull is too much IMO. I'm hoping the trigger and springs will get the pull down to a respectable 5 lbs.

I guess I'm the oddball that doesn't mind the SD40VE trigger too much. I went with the Apex AET only the first time around. The shorter takeup and reset was very nice and worked out great for me. I've always found rounds going where I wanted. My first SD40VE was replaced by Galloway after problems caused (IMO) by their guide rod. The replacement SD40VE came with their spring kit installed and sometimes it feels "too light" to me. I make sure I shoot it before shooting some of my others--going from 10+lbs to 5-6lbs confuses my booger-hook.

Took my new sd-40 out last Saturday and was not very accurate with it and trigger was a bit lame.

Shot it again today and was much more enjoyable and I was more accurate with it.

Maybe just breaking in some and getting used to it?

I may purchase the Apex parts just for fun.

I like the gun now but that first day... wasn't so sure about it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top