JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love my little S&W M&P .40 compact, except for the trigger. The last little bit before the 'hammer' drops is terrible (I know, no hammer, but you know). Does anyone on the boards work on these or know of someone local?
I've heard the triggers on these get better after 500 or so rounds, but what if it doesn't? :confused:
I should mention that this is my edc concealed weapon, so I'm not looking for a 2lb trigger or some super short throw, just looking to crisp it up a bit.

Thanx!
Jdub

They are pretty simple to work on and improve. Can use the stock parts to get a decent trigger, or go after market for some better quality stuff and get a bit better pull out of it.

I've never attempted any diy work on triggers, care to elaborate? I'm pretty handy & mechanically inclined...

JDUB, that's the exact same piece I carry. I don't have experience with many guns. I've shot maybe 6-7 guns and totaled fired about 600 rounds of ammo. So with my limited firearm experience I haven't noticed anything unpleasant with the trigger on my gun. Is a 'bad' trigger a common problem with the m&p? Do I likely have a problem I don't know about:s0131:

Not bad, just kinda typical of the kind of system these pistols use (like glocks & others too). Some folks that come from traditional pistols w/ a hammer cannot stand these kind of pistols due to the trigger. When I shot my buddies 1911 a few months back (the first pistol I've shot not like the glocks/M&P) the first shot caught me totally off guard cause it felt like I barely touched the trigger.
If you're happy w/ yours, no need to worry. Most of the time we're looking to fix things that aren't even broke it seems.
I'm just looking for a little more smoothness out of mine--which, I hear, comes after a few hundred rounds sometimes, sometimes not.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top