JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Travel advice?

"Come to the coast, visit Seattle.....have a good time."

Or.....why not Chicago?

What do the cities have in common?

A: DEMS in positions of power and LIBERALS galore as their voting base.

Aloha, Mark

I'll not be purposely visiting either of those places. Also on the no-go list:
Anywhere in CA.
Anywhere east of the Rockies (w the exceptions of Winchester and Round Hill, VA... I have family there).
Canada.
China.
Greenland.
Mexico.
Let's get real... I'm staying home.

My wife and I visited Idaho, Wyoming and Montana last summer and had a great time. After she retires, we will go again and maybe expand our visit to include the Dakota's as well. She also wants to see the Grand Canyon, which means passing through Oregon, Utah and Arizona. I think that about does it for our travel destinations. We have family on the "left side" of the Cascades and love seeing them, but hate visiting. The traffic, congestion, crowds, weather and politics are just too much. I have a cousin in So Cal, but if she wants to see us, it will have to be at least a "neutral site. LA? NO WAY!

Travel makes me appreciate here just that much more.

Legitimate statement. I traveled extensively in my working career and there was really nothing like seeing the local area unfold under the plane when I came home each week. The PDX metro, even with all its flaws is in all reality is heaven compared to other sh*tholes around the country. Spend some time in Baltimore, Columbus, Memphis, Shreveport, Tampa, Las Vegas and you will see what I mean.

Once you get out of the PDX metro area, it is quite tolerable really.

Legitimate statement. I traveled extensively in my working career and there was really nothing like seeing the local area unfold under the plane when I came home each week. The PDX metro, even with all its flaws is in all reality is heaven compared to other sh*tholes around the country. Spend some time in Baltimore, Columbus, Memphis, Shreveport, Tampa, Las Vegas and you will see what I mean.

Once you get out of the PDX metro area, it is quite tolerable really.
Which is one of the reasons I live in Keizer.
Most of my travels have been international. I've been up and down the west coast, but with the exception of Orlando, I haven't really been east of AZ.

We used to love a road trip to Seattle. Head up early in the morning from PDX. Trip around,either the Peninsula , or up the West side of the sound. Stay in Port Angeles, or make it to Bremerton for a motel. Cross the sound with the commuters, park and wander around Seattle for a day, and get out the next day a stay somewhere between there and PDX. NO WAY IN **** would I do that now. Heck, I'll be happy if I never have to drive in/through downtown potland again! Though I may sometime again take the train through and walk around a bit. That a lot more of it to see, and cheaper than the Oregon Zoo!

RE Colin's first vid, (which I could only stand 7 minutes of). It comes to mind that there have always been people that engage in self destructive behavior. That is just who they are! There are people that are incredibly intelligent/not so intelligent. There are people that tend to be mean/cruel/friendly/pretty/short/tall/blonde/pale/darker skinned. Everything under the sun in demeanor, personality and types. If you go way back, 75 years, 100 years certainly, certain types of people perished. Everyone dies eventually. Who's to say that people that constantly engage in self destructive behavior are suppose to live/reproduce? I just feel the human race is in trouble, and I'm very glad I'm no a young man.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top