JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Trapdoor Springfield – Model 1884.

This trapdoor appears all stock. The barrel blue appears pretty nice, so I assume it has been reblued. The stock has the usual little dings. There is old chipping by the rear tang, which is really common on these. The cartouche, and the little inspection circle are still visible in the wood. They are light enough that I'd assume a refinish somewhere in the last 100 years. It has a ramrod, but no sling. The barrel is the "Cadet" length, which is a few inches shorter than the full rifle length. SN 492648. The ejector works well. It all works well.

A bit about the target. It was shot at 200 yards prone off cross sticks with 500 grain government bullet over 68 grains of 2F Olde Eynsford. It was, however shot with this barrel and action, but a different lock and good aperture target sights. The lock is a good functional stock lock, but the triggers on these are far from great stock, and I wanted to see what the barrel would do. The Buffington sights are the best the US government made for these, but they are still more "field ready" than target sights. The barrel was fully leaded for 1/ 3rd of the bore when I got it. Scrubbing brought out the grooves. After a shooting session, it gave up more crud. I'm guessing a few more shoot/scrub sessions will help this bore. Improving the trigger can be done easily and without destroying historic parts. Also, spending some time tuning the ammo should tighten things up a bit.

$900

Open.JPG DSC00022.JPG Target 2.JPG DSC00027.JPG chip.JPG wood proof.JPG

DSC00022.JPG

If I lived nearer I would tear it out of your hands.

However, here in yUK, as ammunition is still readily available, it is classed as a Section 1[Rifled] Firearm, and I would have a license/certificate to own it.

Meanwhile, a family business of converting Czech submachine guns into working firearms has been broken up by sending them to three different prisons to serve out their 12 and fifteen year jail terms....

tac

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top