Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

TRAP SHOOTING VANCOUVER LAKE TRAP AREA

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by katyj, Mar 8, 2013.

1. katyj

katyj vancouver New Member

TRYING TO GET SOME PEOPLE TOGETHER THAT WOULD LIKE TO GO DOWN TO THE VANCOUVER LAKE TRAP AREA AND SHOOT SOME CLAYS.. ITS GOING TO BE SUPER NICE THIS WEEKEND.. WHOS DOWN TO GO SHOOT THE SHOTTYS?

2. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

a while back I was there,and steeel shot is required,is that still the case ? shot there years ago when lead was allowed...it's been a while . lol

3. katyj

Not that i know of

4. ma96782

ma96782 Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

On the Shillapoo Wildlife Area, steel shot is required. The sign was there the last time I pulled in. I just wanted to do some practice w/ lead and my own clay birds but, I guess it's because it's federally funded. IMHO, That is WHY it SUCKS big time.

Anyway, I spoke to several hunters and DLNR folks (hey, we all pay the Fed Tax on ammo) but, no joy. Seems to me that Vancouver/Clark County should have a safe place to shoot lead shot w/o being thought of as an ugly step-child of the hunting lobby.

And, I'm not entirely sure about "across the way" by Vancouver Lake. LOL.....like as if the birds who eat lead there could magically tell the difference?

Hell, I don't want to shoot real birds, just clay targets w/o the formalization of having to join a club.

Aloha, Mark

5. katyj

yeah last time i was there i saw nothing about ammo restrictions..i bring my own and my own clays.. i just need some other peeps to come out and have some fun

6. katyj

yeah last time i was there i saw nothing about ammo restrictons.. I bring my own and my own clays.. i just need some other peeps to come out and have some fun.

7. Throckmorton

there used t be a really big sign at the gate..is there still a gate ? about steel shot only,IF IT'S the same place I used to go,with a designated trap shooting area.

fyi,Vancouver trap club is open to the public,they have a nice web site FINALLY after years fo 'secrecy' about their club.

8. Throckmorton

I just emailed the Wa fish and wildlife folks about this.just so we don't get cited for using lead shot. it's been a long time since I've been there just because of this restriction. I think it was even painted on the blacktop .
    things might have changed,but knowing our govt,not for the better for clay shooters. we'll see.

Here is the response from fish and game,on van. lake regs. sorry,but it'ws what I thought it was for the area.

"Mike,

Vancouver Lake is still non-toxic shot only for both hunting and target

shooting in the area. The possession of lead shot on the area is illegal and a violation.

The area is shotgun only, and rifles, pistols, muzzleloaders, etc. are illegal to discharge

in the area. A Discover pass or Vehicle Access pass is required of every vehicle that

enters the area as well.

Please contact me if you have any other questions,

Daren Hauswald
    Wildlife Area Manager
    Shillapoo and Mt. St. Helens Complex
    360-906-6756 "

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013