Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Transfers between OR and WA residents

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Freakshow, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Freakshow

Freakshow Tualatin Member

All the threads dealing with this topic are older than the recent transfer laws.

I, an OR resident, want to trade my handgun to a WA resident, who is trading me a rifle.

Can we meet and have both transfers conducted by a WA FFL, and then I get to bring my rifle back to OR?

Or would we have to do it as two separate transfers in two states?

2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

You will for sure have to do the handgun through a Washington FFL since he's a Washington resident. You may even have to have an Oregon FFL ship it to a Washington FFL (depending on the Wash FFL "feelings"), the long gun he can buy in Oregon through an FFL and I'm pretty sure you can do both transactions through a Washington FFL.

3. No_Regerts

No_Regerts United States Well-Known Member

I do this a lot. Transfer of handgun occurs at an ffl in the receiving person's state only. If you can walk or drive it there, thats fine. If you must ship a handgun, it must go FFL to FFL. Rifles and shotguns can be bought outside the state of residence.

Freakshow likes this.
  4. Freakshow

Freakshow Tualatin Member

Excellent.

I knew the handgun had to be in his state. Just wanted to make sure he didn't have to drive / ship the rifle down for me to get it.

Thanks for the replies.