JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hey guys im gonna be trading a couple firearms and some cash for a truck i live in oregon the seller of the truck vancouver is there any issue with me transfering at a washington ffl an ar15 and a handgun?

I sold a rifle to a Washington resident. He wanted it transferred in Washington so I took it up there. He was shocked he had to pay $88 sales tax.

I just sold one as an Oregon resident to a resident of Washington, I met him at an FFL in Vancouver and did the transfer. Just bring your state issued ID and it's very easy.

There is no sales tax on a private transfer, there is if you buy from a dealer. The WA dealer was full of crap for collecting tax.
Like I said, the Sales Tax thing has changed several times over the years. I've got 50+ years in the Gun Business and one year they say Collect on Private Transactions(some years they even Taxed the Transfer Fee and that really sucked) :mad::mad::mad: then the next year they didn't want any for those Sales :):):). Then if you sold stuff in Puyallup and Monroe and your Store was in Snohomish, you got to keep track of what sold where and pay Accordingly! Doesn't that sound like Great Fun? :mad::mad::mad:

And people wonder why so many Gun Dealers give up so soon!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top