JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
it really depends on how you play. my friends and i would play very seriously, watching mussel sweeps and such, and friendly fire was still a kill. and i agree with charles, playing the speedball course is not really good training. woodsball is way better. but even better than that is training like it was real, but you need a group of people who agree to do that to make it worth it.

in paintball clearing a jam can be a bit more involved than clearing a real firearm, depending on your setup, so it goes both ways. but that is not the point. when playing paintball your not training the muscle memory or weapon function, you are training your situational awareness and critical thinking skills. getting used to the firearm is what the range is for, paintball and airsoft is for teaching you how to think on your feet, in a dynamic situation, with high levels of adrenaline. if you treat it as such it is a great tool. if you treat it as nothing more than a game (speedball for example) you will learn nothing more than how to play that game, no matter how competitive it is. actually, i think the more competitive you are, the less likely you will be able to translate it to the real world, because you will be more willing to exploit the mechanics of the game to your advantage, and less likely to obey proper tactical rules. as with most things in life what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top