JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
upload_2017-11-18_10-30-36.png

upload_2017-11-18_10-31-0.png

Landing Page

Train Mountain Railroad

TMRR_Logo_200_ds.png

Cameras

If you haven't been there yet, a smaller version of it operates near Molalla. It would make a good afternoon trip for you.

Closed for the winter now. @tac on this site is into this in a big way back at his UK home.

Nice collection of trains. I will put it my list of train sites that I want to visit. I can visit this site when I drive to California sometimes.

Side note:

I am starting to work on my N scale railroad finally. I built the train table back in 1999 and bought a some rolling stock and engines and two throttle packs for power. I have a little bit of Atlas code 80 N scale track but since it raining all the time now I need to start laying track. They have made a lot of progress since I see that foam tack glue can be used to glue down the road bed and then glue the track down. I think am old school and and using N scale nails but I may use glue to glue my road bed down. :)

Some years ago Wifey purchased tickets for the two of us on this ride as a Christmas present for me.

The ride was on the locomotive, sitting on little cushions with our backs against the tender, watching the fireman and engineer do their things. I'm not sure if they do the loco rides anymore, they don't show them on their fare schedule. I wouldn't do it any other way though.

The Chehalis-Centralia Railroad & Museum | Chehalis, Washington

P1020822.JPG

P1020814.JPG

P1020797.JPG

tac, mrs tac and friends have not only done both Train Mountain, but also Shady Dell live steamers in Mollala, The Sumpter Valley RR, Mount Hood Scenic Railroad, the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad, the Oaks Park Christmas rides not once, but multiple times. Missed out on the Astoria Boardwalk electric streetcar due to a faulty battery, and the Prineville Shay due to overbooking by a HUGE party.

Me looking cool on the Sumpter Valley Railway's Heisler #2.

upload_2017-11-26_19-3-44.png

Ig, Ken the GFT and me waiting for the train in McKewan.

upload_2017-11-26_19-5-45.png

At the Shady Dell RR -

upload_2017-11-26_19-7-34.png

Mt Hood...
upload_2017-11-26_19-9-55.png

And my beloved SP&S #700...

upload_2017-11-26_19-11-8.png

There's lots more, but you get the idea, I'm sure.

tac

Not sure if they still do cab rides at Chehalis, but they do on the coast ride, did it a couple months ago.

Schedule & Tickets – Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad

Oh that's cool! When we camped at Barview some years ago we made sure a couple of times to go up and watch them go buy. And we've talked to the guys when they were watering the engines. That Heisler they run doesn't have much room the cab. They let me climb up in the engine.

It's been a few years now, but the first time I saw that little #25 I was in love! That loco is beautiful! I think the engineer was telling me that came it out of California some where.

We chased that Starlight 4449 one time all the way to Wishram. I'd heard the whistle from my front yard, I live just south of PDX, and thought I could get a look at it just East of Vancouver! Didn't even know what it was at the time. I just heard the whistle. The 4449 will do 55mph with out even breathing hard. We never would have caught it if it wasn't stopping there to drop passengers. Got pictures somewhere standing right next to the 72" drivers. Then I also got to see it nekid, all it's pretty orange skin off, at the Oregon Railway Heritage Museum where I stood on a ladder and put my head up through the hole they had cut in the fire box when they were refurbing it.

upload_2017-11-26_17-9-37.jpeg

Some years ago Wifey purchased tickets for the two of us on this ride as a Christmas present for me.

The ride was on the locomotive, sitting on little cushions with our backs against the tender, watching the fireman and engineer do their things. I'm not sure if they do the loco rides anymore, they don't show them on their fare schedule. I wouldn't do it any other way though.

The Chehalis-Centralia Railroad & Museum | Chehalis, Washington

View attachment 408268

View attachment 408266

View attachment 408267

I took the wife on The Dinner Train out of Chehalis earlier this year. It was fun, a nice dinner, some wine & good conversations with an older couple who have a custom hotrod business and we enjoyed it immensely. The only part we did not enjoy was on the return trip. A pickup struck the Train on one of the road Crossings. It took an hour and a half to get us moving in back to the terminal but it was not the trains fault. All in all and they gave us free trip tickets for another time of our choosing. Will gp again next year.;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads