JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just made a range trip after finishing my new Trapper pistol kit. :)
WOW ! First three shots into a 3" group, from the bench @ 40 yards. :eek:
25gr. of FFG and a 170gr. ball on a .010 lubed patch. (and it was cold) ;)

This thing shoots like an SBR. :D (Sorry, target pictures next trip)
Lots of sanding, a little file work and 3 coats of cold blue. Still, a quick project. :p

I'm happy....:)

Finished-1.jpg Finished-2.jpg

I build two of the same kits back in the eighties. One flint and one precussion lock. Tradition had them on a close out sale $35.00 each I believe. I also built a 32" barred Hawkins . Harvested eight deer with it. Very nice job on yours.

Here is a quick project for a, loading/cleaning rod. I did this for both
rifle and pistol.

To keep from buggering up that fancy rod that came in the kit, I made a combination ram rod, cleaning rod out of a 3/8" dowel and a de-primed 9mm case, (.38 Spl. works too).

I tapered the end of the dowel a bit, then pressed and Super Glued the case onto the end of the dowel. Then, I used a 1/2" ball cutter lightly against the base of the case to, "cup" it. Next, I drilled and tapped the primer hole to fit the thread on my cleaning tips.(8x32) Added a block on the other end of the dowel to save my palm and I was in business. :)

Here is another of my self quarantine projects...:rolleyes:
It's a loading stand, to help keep the pistol from sliding around on the
bench while you're trying to shove a patched ball down the barrel...:p
*Just scrap 1/2" plywood and my attempts at carpentry...:eek:
Pistol Stand-A.jpg
Pistol Stand-B.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR