JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I built my two muzzle loaders about 35 years ago. My first was a percussion lock 50Cal TC Hawken and my second was a flintlock pistol. Those were the days when the kits came rough and required some time to build.

But I had always been fascinated by the Blunderbuss - a hand held flare muzzle cannon. I had wanted to procure and build a kit but they were SO hard to find, being constantly sold out. Plus they were VERY expensive, especially the ones with a 3-4" bore.

Then the Traditions K500 Blunderbuss kit came along. They sold out last year before I could get one but I got this year, no problem. I thought I would post my impressions of obtaining and building one:

Caliber - .54
Bore - Smooth
Stock - Solid Beech
Barrel - Steel
Lock - Percussion
Fit/Finish - excellent
Quality of hardware - excellent
Ease of assembly - in your sleep

BUT... what is wrong with the picture above? A percussion lock? You got it.
This gun needs a Flint Lock - period. Totally anachronistic with a percussion lock.

I went and bought an RPL-02-F Flintlock (excellent quality) and with minor fitting in the lock well and trigger linkage, it worked fine. And l am here to tell you that it looks MUCH more real!

I then stained the stock antique mahogany and buffed it out to make it look like it has about a 200 year old patina, And you'll also note that I browned the barrel.

What do I think? A heck of an easy kit built from quality parts. Just loose the Percussion Lock and it makes an excellent addition to you collection!

BB.jpg

Hey I sent you a PM, but how did you remove the drum and convert it to flintlock? I'm looking to do the same with mine. I already have the lock, just having trouble with the drum.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top