Trade S&W for Colt

Reactions
New SAA - 2500

Lightly used on all of mine for trade. The S&W were both bought in the last 2 years so current model. Rough numbers below.
Gun | Price
357 700
44 700
3030 700
12g 400
________
FYI retail new prices vs used resell prices is quite different. Even lightly used.
I've never paid $700 for used S&W .357, but I did pick up a lightly used S&W Model 66-2 for $500.
Also Colt's retain their value better than most other guns for all values. Seen plenty Colt SAA's sell for $2000 as used guns.(I used to work the used guns section at Cabela's)

If you want an SAA bad I'd try a Ruger Vaquero new they run about $650-$700 or a good Uberti copy for less(though they are a closer copy than the Ruger).
Aside from owning one by the original maker I don't see the point of going with Colt these days for 1911's or SAA's, mostly because $2000-$2500 can get you a whole lot more than one gun. Personally I wouldn't drop that kind of dough on one gun unless it is extremely rare/uncommon.

OP
B
Reactions
I know I just have a thing for colt. Had an Uberti. I got ammo to use for both revolvers. Guess I'll go shoot and see how I feel. That was my Clint theme. I have a couple of Colt ARs and a couple 1911s. Would maybe like a steel Defender. Be nice to downsize. I just want the classic revolver. Maybe a Winchester 44 lever action. I love that 30-30. It was my first rifle and I shoot best with it. I guess I was going for standard in some categories. 30-06 Winchester, Browning over and under are a couple of others I have.

No interest in 9mm.

User 1234

Reactions
Which exact models are your S&W revolvers? 29-2, etc. Barrel length, finish, original stocks or aftermarket, box, papers present? Modifications to sights? Those details make all the difference.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Northwest Armory - Tigard
    1.00 star(s)
    THE RUN AROUND! BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
    We Purchased Multiple firearms online in the beginning of November and had them sent to NW armory (Tigard) as our FFL. We called ahead of time...
  • Wildcat Mountain
    4.00 star(s)
    Wildcat Mountain Nov. 30
    Went there today, it was accessible but bad conditions which I kind of expected. Melting snow, mud, etc. No one there and I didn't see a lot of...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
Top Bottom