JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is wrong with answering if you are a citizen?

When I've flown in from another country, or cross the actual border I see a point and answer their questions. And those guys are actually US Borders and Custom's agents.

Most of these 'check points' are a few hundred miles inside of the borders and are poorly trained DHS agents.

Remember, the 4th Amendment? This is a great example of civil disobedience, of course the fact it isn't and it is actually legally within your rights is the thing the DHS seems to forget.

I will note, there is one out there where the guy stops and says loudly before or as the DHS agent was asking his question, "Hello, may I talk to you about Jesus and how he can save you?" It was said loudly, and in a very 'gospel style' he was instantly waved on... :D

Sounds like a Terry Stop or a DUI checkpoint. While there is no U.S. federal law requiring that an individual identify himself I do not see the harm in verbally affirming that you are a citizen.

While I admire these people for standing up to the BS their fun will be short lived. Soon the illusion of freedom will go away and the brown shirts will not be so passive and restrained.

Sounds like a Terry Stop or a DUI checkpoint. While there is no U.S. federal law requiring that an individual identify himself I do not see the harm in verbally affirming that you are a citizen.

its not a problem. they are refusing to cooperate with the agents based on principle. there is no need, cause or reason to have check points on highways at interstate crossings. they dont do anything to help the people and ask for you to volunteer to waste your time.

these people are standing for the forth amendment, not just trying to irritate the agents.

I like the let me tell you about Jesus tactic. My wife is headed to south for a week to visit her parents. I will tell her about the Jesus Defense. On the flip side, I am at least as bright as the brighter of these dim bulbs .... I wonder what DHS pays ..... I can even pass a NICS check....
Hmmmmm, the ideas for some good old fashioned "craft" seem limitless. Better start doing push-ups.

Brutus out

Anyone ever heard of these types of road blocks in Oregon or Washington? I just want to know, because I almost would take time off work to drive through it over and over to exercise my 4th amendment rights.

And that's how the tyranny begins, with sheeple willing to give up even the barest smidge of freedom.

If you are going to exercise your rights as a citizen why not say so? A few of the guys when held up even said "I'm a citizen. I know my rights." I don't see being polite as giving up a smidge of freedom, but understand that others do and refuse to cooperate as a form of civil disobedience. It is not like the Border Patrol does not know who you are from your cars license plate.

Not sure if trolling or just stupid...

Just ignorant I guess. Having seen what the Medfly can do to a fruit orchard, I understand the need for California agricultural inspection stations. Something like 80% of all fresh fruit grown in America comes from California so I would be more willing to cut those guys a bit more slack as long as the scope of their search is limited to my cooler. And it is true that a vehicle with a built-in fridge for long trips such as an RV is more likely to have fresh fruit.

I do agree that "Move to secondary inspection. Because your car is dirty" is not probable cause!

It would be a polite and educational form of protest to simply hand the border patrol agents our "traveling papers" which would be a pamphlet of our rights as a citizen. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/files/kyrengaclu.pdf

Just make sure you have camera(S!) running, some hidden. You are dealing with people with no morals that would be more than happy to plant evidence, frame you, send you to jail. Happens all the time.

It would be very easy for one of those goons to toss something in your car when you are distracted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads