JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok - barrels instead of tires.
Actually at Four Corners, there are tires inside the barrels, so you are correct any way you say it. :cool:
Unfortunately a LOT of 7.62x39 ammo made outside the USA is bi-metal, not steel core, but steel jacketed and will stick to a magnet. I suppose it presents a similar issue though if shot into rock or a steel target.
Absolutely the view of range management that I have spoke with in various areas.

Respectfully, they don't make you shoot through the barrels, it is encouraged to be good neighbors and it also keeps the sound down for other shooters under the roof on the line. Only the 100 / 200 range has barrels. I also find that many who quote "egregious rules" have not read the rules. Is there a mag loading capacity limit? Yes, like many square ranges I've shot at. (Currently under review for modifications.) No holster draws (again, on a square range with concrete floors), very common. Other than that, the rules are pretty much like other similar ranges.

I provide tours of the club for prospective members and about the first five minutes of many tours is spent dispelling the myths about the club rules.

Again, most respectfully,
thank you for the clarification, my parents are actually considering joining as they live no more than 5 minutes from the range. i've only been to an actual gun range 5 times in my life. twice to ARPC and 3 times to clark rifles. i can appreciate and respect the amount of safety precautions at ranges; or atleast the ones ive been to.

please forgive me. shooting on private land my entire life with my own rules, "egregious" was pretty silly and arrogant of me to say and i apologize. i didnt intend to take away from the hard work that RSOs and members put into clubs. again, im sorry.

when i did read the rules of four corners, my lack of official range experience kicked in and i didnt consider the amount of liability ranges have; especially this day in age. not everyone has the luxury of being left alone to shoot on a private range.

i didnt intend to de rail the thread. back on topic! :)

thank you for the clarification
No worries at all. "Egregious" is one of the nicer words I've heard to describe the rules there 😂. Completely understand that folks used to shooting on public / private lands or at ranges with bays that safely allow more latitude will find "square range" rules restricting. I've seen enough of your posts to know that you don't fall under the arrogant or condescending category. And if your parents would like a tour, let me know.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top