JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Weak! Lacks volume. I have one made out of tractor tires and mattres foam. Its fixed at one end and swings on the other.

Its not attacked to a firearm and not portable, so its out of the BATFE jurisdiction

Not attachable to firearm, not legally a suppressor. No different in concept/legality to shooting indoors.

Outdoor ranges have used tires like this for years. I seem to recall the outdoor gun club east of Salem having these decades ago. Or was it the Izaak Walton range in Eugene? It's been 40+ years since I have been to either one, so maybe I am imagining it, but I seem to recall that it was the Four Corners rifle range in Salem.

Not attachable to firearm, not legally a suppressor. No different in concept/legality to shooting indoors.

Outdoor ranges have used tires like this for years. I seem to recall the outdoor gun club east of Salem having these decades ago. Or was it the Izaak Walton range in Eugene? It's been 40+ years since I have been to either one, so maybe I am imagining it, but I seem to recall that it was the Four Corners rifle range in Salem.
four corners makes you shoot thru barrels amongst many other egregious rules

four corners makes you shoot thru barrels amongst many other egregious rules
Respectfully, they don't make you shoot through the barrels, it is encouraged to be good neighbors and it also keeps the sound down for other shooters under the roof on the line. Only the 100 / 200 range has barrels. I also find that many who quote "egregious rules" have not read the rules. Is there a mag loading capacity limit? Yes, like many square ranges I've shot at. (Currently under review for modifications.) No holster draws (again, on a square range with concrete floors), very common. Other than that, the rules are pretty much like other similar ranges.

I provide tours of the club for prospective members and about the first five minutes of many tours is spent dispelling the myths about the club rules.

Again, most respectfully,

I recall seeing a similar contraption at an outdoor range in Europe. The only difference was theirs required you to chain the muzzle of your rifle to the tube so that it could only aim down range.

I've hear no rapid fire, I think it was 5rd max rifles and 10rds pistol, no AP or tracer, and some other rules...
No AP or tracer rules have good reasons behind it. I was once at a private shoot on private property near Royal City, WA and we (they, I didn't have any) were shooting both, especially tracer. It started a fire on a hillside about a km away and it took an hour to put it out. You can imagine how that would impact a gun club. Indeed, I will not let anyone shoot tracer on my property - we had a scare last year with a fire not 1000' from my property, that burned almost 900 acres.

No AP or tracer rules have good reasons behind it. I was once at a private shoot on private property near Royal City, WA and we (they, I didn't have any) were shooting both, especially tracer. It started a fire on a hillside about a km away and it took an hour to put it out. You can imagine how that would impact a gun club. Indeed, I will not let anyone shoot tracer on my property - we had a scare last year with a fire not 1000' from my property, that burned almost 900 acres.
I don't disagree with the no AP or Tracer rules, have only a handful of them rounds anyways, just saving them for if there is ever a need for some in 50bmg.

The rules at 4 Corners are suited to 4 Corners I have been a member there off an on since I was a Jr Member at 11 continuously for the last 10 years.

And yes you shoot through packing lined barrels when bench rest shooting on the 100 and 200 yard ranges. You can also shoot Standing, Sitting and Kneeling and not shoot through the barrels. The 50yard range has overhead baffles to help control bullet path. The Club has Neighbors some of which are not the clubs renters (Over the years the club has purchased surrounding properties to help make sure the Club stays where its been since 1947 With a Knock Wood EXCELLENT safety record.

Is it the perfect club for everyone? Nope but its a great club with a great history.

I don't disagree with the no AP or Tracer rules, have only a handful of them rounds anyways, just saving them for if there is ever a need for some in 50bmg.
I used to have Raufoss rounds for those situations, but then decided that if that happens I won't have time to drag out a 34# 54" single shot rifle and get it setup, and it is unlikely that I would get a shot at 1km anyway.

I've hear no rapid fire, I think it was 5rd max rifles and 10rds pistol, no AP or tracer, and some other rules...
Thanks for this question. Rapid fire is allowed...as long as you are hitting what you are aiming at. This is the number one myth about the club rules. You are correct on the mag capacity rules, which are currently being reviewed for modification (for rifles). Also correct on AP and tracer prohibition. Honestly, I have not shot at any range where AP and tracer were ok. I'm sure they are out there, but I've never been to one knowingly. The ranges in SoCal (yes, there still are some) will run a magnet over your ammo when you check in to see if anything is steel core (as others noted, for fire danger).

The rules are actually posted on the website as well for anyone considering membership and want to see if the rules are aligned with their needs. This is why I'm a member at ARPC as well...holster draws and shooting bays!

The ranges in SoCal (yes, there still are some) will run a magnet over your ammo when you check in to see if anything is steel core (as others noted, for fire danger).
Unfortunately a LOT of 7.62x39 ammo made outside the USA is bi-metal, not steel core, but steel jacketed and will stick to a magnet. I suppose it presents a similar issue though if shot into rock or a steel target.

Thanks for this question. Rapid fire is allowed...as long as you are hitting what you are aiming at. This is the number one myth about the club rules.
I was certain I read rapid fire was not allowed and I've met members here and there who also said rapid fire was not allowed...

Nice to know that spraying is not allowed...

I have platforms I like to test out and test for flaws in cycling using a binary trigger... The perception of not being able to use a binary trigger was a down side.

I have not applied for membership yet, since I'm getting married soon, I would be paying for something I would not be using for months so I'll probably apply mid to late July. I live just under 5 miles from the 4 corners range.

A lot of ranges are getting stricter about things like rapid fire - some are forbidding it altogether. Some have been that way for decades (e.g., Kenmore range in Seattle area IIRC). Some only allow it for certain competitions, some only for certain members who have been qualified/checked out.

Most of this is because some doofus did some stupid stunt and ruined it for the rest of us. As more and more people get guns, this is more likely to happen. I am glad I have my own range on my own property, even if it is less than 50 yards. One of the things I look at while searching for land to buy now, is someplace on the land to safely shoot without upsetting neighbors, preferably at 100+ yards.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top