JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Original story here: http://theredelectric.blogspot.com/2009/07/tipsy-beer-truck-nearly-toppled-by-tv.html

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tipsy beer truck nearly toppled by TV cable

It looks as though this beer truck has had one too many, but it was snagged by a heat-stressed, sagging cable wire in Hillsdale at about 2:15 this afternoon.

The odd accident on the 1500 block of SW Sunset Boulevard diverted traffic and drew a crowd.

The truck's driver, Shane Romo of Maletis Beverage Company, said that if a fellow trucker hadn't yelled at him to stop, Romo's entire rig would have toppled over.

"It was nerve-racking," said Romo. "I can't believe it didn't tip over."

Romo had just pulled onto Sunset after a delivery to Casa Colima restaurant. He makes deliveries to the restaurant at least once a week — uneventfully.

But today's heat caused the cable wires to droop and snag on the front left corner of his trailer.

BeerTruckCentered.jpg

BeerTruckRT.jpg

BeerTruckLFT.jpg

I saw that. It was amazing to me the the lines were strong enough to hold the truck up; I have snapped a few utility lines while driving a truck in the summer but never came across one that stopped the truck.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews