JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Original story here: http://theredelectric.blogspot.com/2009/07/tipsy-beer-truck-nearly-toppled-by-tv.html

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tipsy beer truck nearly toppled by TV cable

It looks as though this beer truck has had one too many, but it was snagged by a heat-stressed, sagging cable wire in Hillsdale at about 2:15 this afternoon.

The odd accident on the 1500 block of SW Sunset Boulevard diverted traffic and drew a crowd.

The truck's driver, Shane Romo of Maletis Beverage Company, said that if a fellow trucker hadn't yelled at him to stop, Romo's entire rig would have toppled over.

"It was nerve-racking," said Romo. "I can't believe it didn't tip over."

Romo had just pulled onto Sunset after a delivery to Casa Colima restaurant. He makes deliveries to the restaurant at least once a week — uneventfully.

But today's heat caused the cable wires to droop and snag on the front left corner of his trailer.

BeerTruckCentered.jpg

BeerTruckRT.jpg

BeerTruckLFT.jpg

I saw that. It was amazing to me the the lines were strong enough to hold the truck up; I have snapped a few utility lines while driving a truck in the summer but never came across one that stopped the truck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top