JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
there is pretty much few places you cant go even with a permit in Oregon but federal property is one. I never knew one of the city parks downtown was one of them, Terry Schrunk Plaza downtown a small urban park across from City Hall offering terraced seating, a speaking area & a grassy lawn.

anyone know of any other obscure GFZ's in Oregon?

Google Maps

This WAS a gun free zone too.

Gun%20free%20zone%20attack.png

Aloha, Mark

gun free zones mean nothing to me except for that im not going there as it might as well have a big billboard with spotlights reading "PLAN ATTACK HERE!"

Someone please explain the legality of this GFZ. If I can carry outside of buildings on "Federal" Forestland and in a National "Park", why can't I carry in a "Federal Park"?
there really isnt anything logical to explain about "gun free" zones...

I was just reading about the pro trump protest there today that the group was bringing in private militia to provide them security but the article said they couldn't carry in the park even with their CHLs because the park was federal property.
It doesn't make sense to me and your right about inquiring about the differences between a city park and a national park. I don't know.

there really isnt anything logical to explain about "gun free" zones...

I was just reading about the pro trump protest there today that the group was bringing in private militia to provide them security but the article said they couldn't carry in the park even with their CHLs because the park was federal property.
It doesn't make sense to me and your right about inquiring about the differences between a city park and a national park. I don't know.

Congress approved a law allowing loaded firearms in national parks starting Feb. 22, 2010. That means people can openly carry legal handguns, rifles, shotguns and other firearms and also may carry concealed guns as allowed by state statute.

I can understand the whole No Carry inside of a CourtHouse or Federal Building, but a park? Is it adjacent to and an extension of a Federal Building like a Post Office parking lot which is also a GFZ?

Congress approved a law allowing loaded firearms in national parks starting Feb. 22, 2010. That means people can openly carry legal handguns, rifles, shotguns and other firearms and also may carry concealed guns as allowed by state statute.

I can understand the whole No Carry inside of a CourtHouse or Federal Building, but a park? Is it adjacent to and an extension of a Federal Building like a Post Office parking lot which is also a GFZ?

I dont fully know the laws regarding a federal city park, but yes it is across the street from a federal building. Not certain how that would make a difference.
here is a google map showing the parks location and the federal buildings: Google Maps

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top