JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone used there stuff?
I'm looking to get a drop in trigger for my Ruger 10/22 and they seem to have nice stuff.
but before taking the $150+ leap, just thought I'd ask you guys.. any thoughts?

Thanks for any help :s0155:

I would look at Volquartsen or Hornet S.

Timney's are fantastic, I've installed two and love them, but the above are most specific to the 10/22. Just my opinion.

If you want to go with a trigger job, there are even 'services' on Ebay for it.

You just send in the trigger pack. The best trigger work I know of (I am no expert): http://www.triggerwork.net/1022.html Cost is $39 inc return shipping.

I've installed 2 Timney triggers in Ruger 77 rifles. In that rifle the safety has to be fitted, which is a fairly time consuming job.
But it's worth it! Awesome triggers.

I have one and really like it, but next time I'm going with a Basix trigger every bit as good and about $20 cheaper.

Take a good look at what you get with the Basix trigger. For some applications it won't have the sear or spring. It will use the stock parts and "may" not have as great of a range of adjustability.

I've heard good things about the Rifle Basix triggers and was considering one. But the price difference and the fact that the Timney had a sear and spring swayed me over. I may try one on another rifle sometime, though, just to see for myself.

Timneys are good, I have several (emp stole my thunder). Mostly in my Rem 700's, when their good factory trigger isn't quite just good enough. Have put them in other highpowers for other people, including mausers, Rugers, Winchesters and more M700's. Recently put a Timney in my AR. Best "Barbie Doll Accessory" for significant noticeable improvement so far.

The M&P AR15 has a horrible trigger. Like your finger is dragging an anchor through gravel. The Timney made that AR so nice; night and day. Coincidentally, the M&P 15-22 also has an awful trigger, same feel. Bill Springfield fixed that.

I just can't enjoy plinking with a nasty, rough, long trigger pull.

I did the volquartsen trigger kit on mine and it's very nice, crisp & light for about $40. I couldn't see spending $150 on a trigger for a 10-22. I'm not going to put another $500 into it to get another .05" accuracy at 50 yards.
On an AR I could, and went with a geissele.

Save your money and go with PC or VQ. You can spend the money and get the best with Kidd.
The Timney does not have good reviews.

Go to RFC and check out reviews

iPhone - Tapatalk. Don't be a playa hater.

Man there's so many out there. I bought a volquartsen seem to be pretty nice. I have a few jewel triggers in my 700's. And my AR's have a Timney and one has a CMC. I like the Timney over the CMC.
Thanks for all your help.
Im going to try a power custom next..

The M&P AR15 has a horrible trigger. Like your finger is dragging an anchor through gravel. The Timney made that AR so nice; night and day. Coincidentally, the M&P 15-22 also has an awful trigger, same feel. Bill Springfield fixed that.

I just can't enjoy plinking with a nasty, rough, long trigger pull.

Same experience, but I put a Geissele SSA in my AR. Really nice two-stage trigger. I don't think they make one for the 10/22 though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top