JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
He looks like a homeless dude. Bank didn't try to stop him? Police can't find him. This is ridiculous. Next they will be leaving the armored car out front with the doors open with a "free" sign.

8EF75002-D2D7-48A7-B4F1-A7CC7D1006F7.jpeg

He looks like a homeless dude. Bank didn't try to stop him? Police can't find him. This is ridiculous. Next they will be leaving the armored car out front with the doors open with a "free" sign.

View attachment 1218083
The dude does look homeless..
Guess that I have mixed thoughts; at least he is not just standing on the sidewalk asking for money...
In fact he would qualify as a self-employed entrepreneur...
And it's wrong on my part, but as far as robbers go I dislike the ones who rob convenience stores, espresso stands, pot stores, etc. more than those willing to join the big leagues and rob a bank...
Kudos also for not displaying a gun, I don't imagine he was too frightening from the perspective of the bank teller.

And it's wrong on my part, but as far as robbers go I dislike the ones who rob convenience stores, espresso stands, pot stores, etc. more than those willing to join the big leagues and rob a bank...
It doesn't take much in the way of cajones to rob a bank these days. Bank employees, including "security guards" in the banks that have them, are instructed to cooperate with robbers. They depend on cameras and follow-up investigation to apprehend the perps.
Kudos also for not displaying a gun, I don't imagine he was too frightening from the perspective of the bank teller.
You might be mistaken. I was personally acquainted with a gal who worked as a teller in a local bank branch that was robbed about 10 years ago. A scruffy young guy walked in and handed her a note. No weapon was displayed. The event was quite traumatic for all those who were at work that day.

You might be mistaken. I was personally acquainted with a gal who worked as a teller in a local bank branch that was robbed about 10 years ago. A scruffy young guy walked in and handed her a note. No weapon was displayed. The event was quite traumatic for all those who were at work that day.
I certainly sympathize with any individual who has found themselves in a situation involving a robber...
But look at the individual in that picture and compare him to 2-3 young thugs flashing handguns, rifles or short shotguns.
I rather have him attempting to rob me 1000 times out of a 1000... Would I choose to be accosted by a single old cocker spaniel who doesn't appear to have teeth left or a pack of young German Shepherds?

Last Edited:
It doesn't take much in the way of cajones to rob a bank these days. Bank employees, including "security guards" in the banks that have them, are instructed to cooperate with robbers. They depend on cameras and follow-up investigation to apprehend the perps.

I wonder if the guy you mentioned is the same guy I did landscaping with. Was about 10 years ago, dude was scruffy and his method was using a note. Small world if so.

I wonder if the guy you mentioned is the same guy I did landscaping with. Was about 10 years ago, dude was scruffy and his method was using a note. Small world if so.
The robbing a bank with a note is a VERY common thing. Banks have long been told to just give them cash and the people who do this know it. A shocking number of these are never solved. Many of the people who get caught, only get caught because they keep doing it and their luck finally runs out.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top