JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I, too, hate the over-the-top nanny-ism (exhibited in those highway signs you mention) here in Washington state. It starts in the Governor's Mansion, and extends down through the local media, and spills out like toxic vegan do-gooder sludge into every nook and cranny of our lives.

Last night on the local news the first ten minutes were taken up by warnings to stay out of the cold (we're currently in single-digit temperatureland), wear layers, scrape our car windows, and avoid wearing white after Labor Day (that last one I'm unsure of because I changed channels looking for real news, but I'm sure they got to it eventually).

Apparently, our "betters" think we are imbeciles. It's a wonder we survive without reminders to breath regularly, though I think there will one day be fines assessed for those of us who insist on breathing out of order. Watch for the highway signs…

I'm surprised they don't have baby grinding warnings on garbage disposals. They must hate the childerns.

upload_2016-12-16_11-26-19.jpeg

long time ago Oregon made a big deal about getting rid of all the billboards since they were dangerously distracting to the driver. Now Oregon has littered the highways and byways with so many signs most in fine print that in some areas you really cant peruse them all and keep your eyes on the road. Some even have bright lighted billboards over the freeways telling people to slow to 35 when there is no reason:confused: with just enough nervous mervous's that will do just that, causing impatient drivers to start weaving in and out thereby enabling the self fulfilling prophecies of "traffic jambs". A mile down the road traffic moves freely and you saw no reason for the slow down other than that dam sign.
I'm wondering when someone involved in a bad accident sues the State over the forced distraction as if they put it there I would think they demand you read it!

My favorite idiocy is when they started installing traffic circles with all that fed highway money. Traffic circles are a device for making intersections that do not require people to stop. That is their whole point. Yet within a few weeks of installing a traffic circle in S Beaverton, stop signs suddenly appeared on all entrances into it. :confused: I guessed that someone didn't get that you are supposed to yield to someone already in the circle, and there was a big crash there, so the traffic engineers decided to make it safer by putting stop signs there.

I dont know how to link a youtube but I've always enjoyed the weather warning "North Dakota weather alert". Its about :036 posted 22 Feb 2011 and its pretty straight forward advice. "In affect until May".

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top