JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I am looking at having my Ruger Mini-14 carbine threaded to ½"x 28. It looks like Tornado Tech in Hillsboro can do this work for a little over a c-note. Anyone avail themselves of their services and can report back? Beyond that, anyone else I should consider? Thanks much.

They do excellent work, and their prices are reasonable, but they have a long waiting time.
I used them when I was waiting for my suppressor tax stamps, so it wasn't a big deal time wise.
An FFL gunsmith member here on this site "Velsey" also does great work.
Try contacting him and see if he's taking on threading projects.

From Ruger's website;
All newly made Ruger Mini-14 (2009+) rifles are threaded 1/2-28 (.22 and .223 caliber) or 5/8-24 (6.8 and 30 cal.)

Interesting. I bought this one lightly used in the Summer of 2006 and it is not threaded. Looking at how the barrel is attached to the receiver, I'm thinking threading the existing barrel is going to be less expensive/less of a PITA than replacing it. But I can't say that for sure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top