JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

New here, I am waiting for the background check on a CZ 52! My first Tokarev pistol!
I own the Spectrum and am curious if others have problems with feeding? It shoots okay but fails to feed, especially with manual manipulation.
Anyone else have this issue?

I've never actually even seen a Spectrum except in pictures.
From what I've read (in an interview w Taurus CEO) it is the brand's first all-American pistol, from conception and design all the way through the manufacturing process. It was to be the first step in a new commitment to quality, customer service, and utilizing American labor in all phases. The CEO was painfully aware of the company's reputation and vowed to turn it around.
If you're having a problem with your Taurus they should be eager to make it right. Anything less will only serve to solidify the company's pisspoor reputation in a market full of quality firearms.
I had considered a Spectrum as a pocket/back-up piece, along with the LCP and Bersa Thunder 380... but I never moved on it, partly because I never saw one.

It will feed the first round in, but will occasionally fail to eject and feed subsequent rounds.
I looked this up and it appears to be common for the Spectrum.
I will try putting more rounds through it and see if it gets better.

I've never actually even seen a Spectrum except in pictures.
From what I've read (in an interview w Taurus CEO) it is the brand's first all-American pistol, from conception and design all the way through the manufacturing process. It was to be the first step in a new commitment to quality, customer service, and utilizing American labor in all phases. The CEO was painfully aware of the company's reputation and vowed to turn it around.
If you're having a problem with your Taurus they should be eager to make it right. Anything less will only serve to solidify the company's pisspoor reputation in a market full of quality firearms.
I had considered a Spectrum as a pocket/back-up piece, along with the LCP and Bersa Thunder 380... but I never moved on it, partly because I never saw one.
This is the first Taurus that has given me grief. I thing that the recoil spring is too strong personally.

It will feed the first round in, but will occasionally fail to eject and feed subsequent rounds.
I looked this up and it appears to be common for the Spectrum.
I will try putting more rounds through it and see if it gets better.

Another quality firearm brought to you by Taurus. :D

New here, I am waiting for the background check on a CZ 52!
I had a CZ52 once, didn't care for how it fit my hand, probably the most uncomfortable pistol I've ever held, I much prefer the Zastava M57 over it.
You need to be careful with that CZ52 firing pins are known to break especially if you dry fire it.

I had a CZ52 once, didn't care for how it fit my hand, probably the most uncomfortable pistol I've ever held, I much prefer the Zastava M57 over it.
You need to be careful with that CZ52 firing pins are known to break especially if you dry fire it.
Yup, already have a ne firing pin on order just in case.
I need to find Snap Caps in 7.62x25.

Hello,

New here, I am waiting for the background check on a CZ 52! My first Tokarev pistol!
I own the Spectrum and am curious if others have problems with feeding? It shoots okay but fails to feed, especially with manual manipulation.
Anyone else have this issue?
It seems that you aren't the only one that has problems with the Spectrum FTL or FTE. I'd send it in to Taurus and have them fix the issue. The new ones are supposed to be free of those issues.

The other thing to be aware of with the CZ-52's is that you should not trust the decocker. They rely on parts they are fairly prone to wear/failure which risks the decocker inadvertently discharging the pistol when used.

I've had a Spectrum for a while but never shoot it anymore. The magazine is real hard to get in. I would have to hold the magazine release button in or slam the magazine in to get it into place. I should take it apart and file it someday. Also I would have to hold my ring finger and pinkie away from the grip when slamming the magazine in or it would pinch my finger. And the sights are tiny. If you have the patience to acquire the sights it's quite accurate however, and the ergonomics are good in the hand. I never had any trouble with mine.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top