JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Part of them came with the gun. They were so ugly and crude I believed them to be poorly home made.
My hands are big, keeping my pinky off was not good so I flattened the bottom and added a piece of hart wood rhododendron to extend it, reshaped the silhouette but kept the original checkering.
Later in research, I decided they likely were original grips. I'm thinking grips weren't their forte as other pictures I found showed equally onerous and esthetically displeasing grips (to me). Nonetheless, it now fits me like the preverbal glove. I have no regrets.
After all, were not talking Dirty Harry's 44 mag here. Just a well built fun gun that gets used a lot.
From what I can see in the Pic it sure looks like they came out damn nice. I too was wondering where those came from when I first saw the pic. Nice looking package.

From what I can see in the Pic it sure looks like they came out damn nice. I too was wondering where those came from when I first saw the pic. Nice looking package.
I appreciate the accolades however blurry pictures can enliven the imagination. Not so special craftsmanship as seen in these close ups just to clarify; albeit they are esthetically pleasing and functional to me.
IMGP0144.JPG IMGP0136.JPG

I appreciate the accolades however blurry pictures can enliven the imagination. Not so special craftsmanship as seen in these close ups just to clarify; albeit they are esthetically pleasing and functional to me.
View attachment 328582 View attachment 328583
Just my opinion but I still think you are not giving yourself enough credit. With the better pic I really like the way you did those. I still think they look really sharp on that gun. You have to remember too that I'm NOT a wheel gun fan but I still really like the way that package looks.

I can see it. Out of a 2" howdydoo I think it's going like 750? I've got a couple a packs of em.
However, I normally hole deserving souls in the forehead with a 170gr hard cast (by me) .38 Keith slug.. going about 1000.. like a normal person.
good times

View attachment 328202
So how many people have you shot in the forehead? Unless I'm mistaken, you mentioned that you normally shoot people in the forehead with your .38 Keith slug.

PS: I've been told there's going to be a bunch of the 60-grain Aguila "Sniper Sub-Sonic" ammo at the upcoming Portland Gun Shows. Just saying.

I spent a day with a savage bolt action and 6 different 22s from target to stingers, cci, remington bulk and the 60s, the worst accuracy was the 60s it seemed they were yawing at 25 yards, the best was the target rounds 2 different brands, with cci hv close enough to make it my goto round.

I spent a day with a savage bolt action and 6 different 22s from target to stingers, cci, remington bulk and the 60s, the worst accuracy was the 60s it seemed they were yawing at 25 yards, the best was the target rounds 2 different brands, with cci hv close enough to make it my goto round.

probably not fast enough rifling to stabilize them at that speed?

So how many people have you shot in the forehead? Unless I'm mistaken, you mentioned that you normally shoot people in the forehead with your .38 Keith slug.

PS: I've been told there's going to be a bunch of the 60-grain Aguila "Sniper Sub-Sonic" ammo at the upcoming Portland Gun Shows. Just saying.

Certaindeaf dose not necessarily speak in literal terms.

His language transcends common speech. And even though he said he shoots people in the head. It dose not actually mean ''He shoots people in the head''!

Or it could? :s0153: :s0108:

I guess my guns never got the memo.

These are not target rounds. Never were meant to be. But at handgun distances I've had satisfactory accuracy results with this ammo. I've also never experienced the keyholing I was promised.

These are not my first choice, but I have quite a few in my ammo cabinet. These may or may not be accurate in other folks guns, but sometimes ya just gotta shoot what you can get, so it's wise to at least experience the characteristics of this ammo in any gun you might have a chance of using.

WAYNO.

Green Mountain barrels used to make a Ruger 10-22 Charger threaded pistol barrel that was SS with a heavy bull profile with a 1X9 twist. Eight, (8) inch. Bentz chamber.

The nice folks there on the phone told me it was intended for the Aquila SSS 60 grain ammo. Our canned Ruger 10-22 SBR seems to like the heavy Aquila. Will advise.

Still completing a rebuild. Shortened Frankenstein Choate/Butler Creek folder. Elite Iron 6" Echo can. Vorquartsen stuff. All Oregon, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

Life is good. :)

I said "deserving" souls and so far there have been none. lol
and to add/edit..
it was intended to be along the lines of the usually/normally guy. humor, you know...

th?&id=OIP.M1117f934381799f0fb42aaf8655dbef9o2&w=239&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads