JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I can see it. Out of a 2" howdydoo I think it's going like 750? I've got a couple a packs of em.
However, I normally hole deserving souls in the forehead with a 170gr hard cast (by me) .38 Keith slug.. going about 1000.. like a normal person.
good times

th?id=OIP.Me46f3beb6bf9e328c54b80688bab92e0o0&w=277&h=179&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7.jpg

I've seen 'em and shot them both.
(Aguila 60 grainers and more standard .22 ammo.)
I shot them into cans, water filled soda bottles , small rocks and grouse.
I really didn't seen any advantage in the Aquila's over using a "standard" 36-38 grain .22LR HP for the same type of shooting.
Rifles used were:
10/22*
Remington 511 and 521
Winchester 67 , 69 and 72
Stevens Favorite
Mossberg 42MB and 44 US
Distances were anywhere from 10ish to 50 yards.
*Note on the 10/22 I had to single feed the Aquila.
The rifle would only feed one round and jam on the next in the magazine.
Andy

I can see it. Out of a 2" howdydoo I think it's going like 750? I've got a couple a packs of em.

View attachment 328202

I have not tried these but I did try some of the CCI "Quiet" ammo. Uses a standard slug but is loaded down to around 700FPS. It was quite impressive. They of course would not feed any of my autos but they did not jam either. They would either not send the slide back or just not enough to do anything. So fire, cycle,fire, cycle. Ran a mag through 3 different pistols and it worked great and was very marked difference in sound. I was just playing with them at about 30ft and was shooting clover leaf clusters with not really trying. So they were very accurate too. Would be great for dispatching pests if it is safe and legal but you don't want the noise to wake up the neighbors.

One of the reasons I have a .22 revolver is because I know it will feed any .22 RF cartridge (not including .22 mag).

I wouldn't mind if an auto handgun or rifle didn't cycle, but many of them simply won't even feed anything but .22 LR form factor from the mag.

It looks like this cartridge would

One of the reasons I have a .22 revolver is because I know it will feed any .22 RF cartridge (not including .22 mag).

I wouldn't mind if an auto handgun or rifle didn't cycle, but many of them simply won't even feed anything but .22 LR form factor from the mag.

It looks like this cartridge would
OK, so were getting a little far away from Agula but...
Ditto's on the revolver. Excellent plinkers.
I got rid of my Ruger, hard to clean and not fond of some ammo. Some how it always felt foreign in my hands.
Here's mine; never fail, and easy to clean. As accurate as you can be, fast 9 shot brass eject.
not to mention the sweet trigger. It will eat this round for breakfast and any other brand that will ignite.
IMGP0258.JPG

Our mundane Ruger 10-22 SBR suppressed 8" barrel 1x9 twist Skunk Buster chambers and shoots the Aguila SSS suicide sloppy snapper rounds just fine. A triple strength home made mag catch spring works wonders. Slightly polished chamber.

Elite Iron 6" Echo Can. Green Mountain 8" SS HB 1x9 twist Charger pistol barrel. Bentz chamber. Ruger factory 25 rd mags.

Right now we are having fun and experimenting with hollow pointing the long lead bullets. Dunno how well they will shoot or expand right now. Too cold and rainy in SW OR USA. About 43N, 123W. Kinda. We love the Aquila SSS so far. Will advise.

All Oregon, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply

Ive got a thousand or so rounds of the 60 grain aguila 22 rounds and have had for 7 or 8 years. I dont like them that much. They function some of my semiauto's OK but they're lousy with a silencer. Too much bark out of the ejection port.

I got rid of my Ruger, hard to clean and not fond of some ammo. Some how it always felt foreign in my hands.
Here's mine; never fail, and easy to clean. As accurate as you can be, fast 9 shot brass eject.
not to mention the sweet trigger. It will eat this round for breakfast and any other brand that will ignite.
View attachment 328324
You Sporty bastard! like

Most accurate rifle I ever owned was a Remington 513T. When I shot standard velocity LR in it, it would put them all through the same hole at 50 feet from a bench rest. Lower velocity can be a whole lot more accurate. You learn those little tricks in competition.

View attachment 328324
I have the same revolver, but, where did you get those grips? Beautiful!

I have the same revolver, but, where did you get those grips? Beautiful!
Part of them came with the gun. They were so ugly and crude I believed them to be poorly home made.
My hands are big, keeping my pinky off was not good so I flattened the bottom and added a piece of hart wood rhododendron to extend it, reshaped the silhouette but kept the original checkering.
Later in research, I decided they likely were original grips. I'm thinking grips weren't their forte as other pictures I found showed equally onerous and esthetically displeasing grips (to me). Nonetheless, it now fits me like the preverbal glove. I have no regrets.
After all, were not talking Dirty Harry's 44 mag here. Just a well built fun gun that gets used a lot.

I havd a couple boxes of ammo that looks like that. Its subsonic...thats I can remember currently. I will have to pull it later and check it out. Im a ammo horder. I bought 1080rds of 5.45x39 and dont have a AK74 yet.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top