JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
7bce3a6d0b1751a4961939610f2e0c4a_zps50eba3ce.jpg

My contender has a broken trigger pin. It's the pin that goes through the entire frame and is right above the trigger... Since the gun hasn't been made for a few years ;) I was wondering if anyone knew where to get parts besides a parts frame... A google search brought nothing worthwhile for pins, but I did find a screaming deal on a new'ish 22lr barrel!

I did find some various pin stock on midway's website... Is machining my own the route I am looking at? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Last Edited:
I have run across the same problem in the past with my High Standard pistols.
I went to Harbor Freight and bought some of their cheap small sized drill bit sets in metric and standard sizes.
Find one that fits perfect, cut it a little longer then the original pin with my air grinder cut off blade.
Grind it down to the proper length & bevel, blue the ends and tap into place.
The drill bits are surfaced hardened also.

Make sure you pick up a metric set also. Thompson probably drilled the hole with an SAE sized bit, and the metrics sizes fit nice and snug.

Great news!!! I emailed TCarms about the pin and got a call back today from one of their support techs. They are sending me a replacement (plus a couple spares) at no charge. Knew exactly what I was talking about and had everything processed by the time we were done on the phone. Talk about customer service!

Great news!!! I emailed TCarms about the pin and got a call back today from one of their support techs. They are sending me a replacement (plus a couple spares) at no charge. Knew exactly what I was talking about and had everything processed by the time we were done on the phone. Talk about customer service!

Glad they were able to help you out :D

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top