JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"When the flag is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem, it should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning."

This is a tough one especially the cheap small ones that abound during parades and patriotic holidays.
Love to see the kiddos waving them, Hate to see them lying all over the ground afterwards.

I was just thinking I need to buy a flag for the house. I'm a little embarassed I haven't already.
I wanted to do a flag pole, but don't want to deal with running power for lights. So I would have to bring it in every night.

The Hillsboro PD has a Mexican flag at the same level as the American flag in their lobby. I asked one of the Officers about that when I was working there and he said they like to accommodate the locals.

The Hillsboro PD has a Mexican flag at the same level as the American flag in their lobby. I asked one of the Officers about that when I was working there and he said they like to accommodate the locals.

You should have told him/her that they need to support their tax base.

I've been saving Old Glories for the last decade or so - ones I've found in the street that have blown off cars, mostly, but also various other sizes, including a few big ones. I think I had around 35 or so, starry blue triangles neatly stacked in boxes

So last Flag Day, we did a little flag retiring ceremony out back, with my 5 boys.. We talked a bit about what the flag represents and why we honor it - for sake of all the men who've fought and died under it, believing they were sacrificing themselves for the good of us all. There's no better way to get me all tight in the throat, so I didn't say as much as I would have liked to. I wanted them to feel weight of it... I guess seeing their old man choke up for the first and possibly only time in their lives probably did that pretty well though.

They all stood at attention while my oldest and I placed each on the fire. I think the seriousness was understood... Even my then 3-year old stood in solemn silence while we burned each flag.

I'm sure as they get older we'll have trials and tribulations. They'll go through phases and lose their respect for authority, their elders, me even... But I don't think you'll ever see a Beckerich boy disrespect our flag.

image.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads