JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Loved my Savage .22LR. It's the only SA I've owned and enjoyed it. Moved away from .22LR shooting, so it's long gone now.

Only shot it at 50-feet and 25-yards, so not scope needed.

DSC_0043.JPG

That inexpensive gun (somewhere around $150 if memory serves) helped me earn some wallpaper too.
frankexpertqualifywinchestersmallbore2016a.JPG

My experience with the brand is limited, but I'd buy another if I'm ever back in the market.

My son and I were at Sportsman's Warehouse in Bend a few months ago and asked if they had a Savage stainless fluted 22-250,to which the salesman said that Savage were throwaway rifles. I told him if he had any he wanted to throw away, I would take them. Haven't been back since. I will stick to Bimart.

Last Edited:
My son and I were at Sportsman's Warehouse in Bend a few months ago and asked if they had a Savage stainless fluted 22-250,to which the salesman said Savage were throwaway rifles. I told him if he had anyone wanted to throw away, I would take them. Haven't been back since. I will stick to Bimart.
Been to that same store, I lived in Southern Oregun for 30 years. Glad to see that same guy is there! Terry at White city is my go to for anything ( if you shop there he's got primers) if your from out of town nada.

Savages I own:
204 Ruger custom target action large shank
223 REM custom target action large shank
223 REM Varmint action small shank
6br Norma 116 Varmint action ss
22-250 AI Short 116 Varmint action ss
308 Win Short 116 Varmint action ss

I have headspace gauges for everything I own. No gunsmith has ever touched my rifles. The satisfaction of doing your own barrel swap at home and accurate shooting is what makes Savages different from others. Like my Ar-15 or Ar-10 no gunsmiths needed, do it yourself. I have new barrels for future needs, like reloading nothing stops me from shooting Praire dogs or Ground Squirrels by the thousands each year.

Been to that same store, I lived in Southern Oregun for 30 years. Glad to see that same guy is there! Terry at White city is my go to for anything ( if you shop there he's got primers) if your from out of town nada.

Savages I own:
204 Ruger custom target action large shank
223 REM custom target action large shank
223 REM Varmint action small shank
6br Norma 116 Varmint action ss
22-250 AI Short 116 Varmint action ss
308 Win Short 116 Varmint action ss

I have headspace gauges for everything I own. No gunsmith has ever touched my rifles. The satisfaction of doing your own barrel swap at home and accurate shooting is what makes Savages different from others. Like my Ar-15 or Ar-10 no gunsmiths needed, do it yourself. I have new barrels for future needs, like reloading nothing stops me from shooting Praire dogs or Ground Squirrels by the thousands each year.

I think that's a great point. But, there is a reason I hired a plumber.....
9CEA4021-3DCD-4F0A-AA87-62F571BFF13B.jpeg

My now 6.5 CM continues to impress, although it's a little frustrating in some ways. I did an abbreviated OCW test batch with Varget and the 140 gr. ELD-M, ALL my test loads shot to virtually the same POI, and all but one 3 shot group were under 1/2" :D. Have another test batch loaded up, but this time with more and smaller increments, and some extra rounds for chrono testing, will see how it goes, hopefully before next spring if the weather cooperates :rolleyes:. Later.

Dave

My now 6.5 CM continues to impress, although it's a little frustrating in some ways. I did an abbreviated OCW test batch with Varget and the 140 gr. ELD-M, ALL my test loads shot to virtually the same POI, and all but one 3 shot group were under 1/2" :D. Have another test batch loaded up, but this time with more and smaller increments, and some extra rounds for chrono testing, will see how it goes, hopefully before next spring if the weather cooperates :rolleyes:. Later.

Dave
Man. That IS frustrating...... Terrible!
:D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR