JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's my baby, coments spot on except mine's show quality (Do NOT show her) and has power assist steering and power brakes. You can die as fast in this machine as on a fast bike. That was a great expose :s0155:

Nice!

Yeah I grew up around muscle cars. Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, Mopar...I've seen, worked on, restored and rode in many, many HOT cars. I myself had a 1969 Chevelle sup'd up little 350 that would go 140mph+. Leave a black mark a mile long, well....

Its gone now and I pissed away my 20's on sex, drugs and rock & roll and now cant afford much. Maybe 2014 will be a great year for me and my family though.

Sure puts these damned little bumblebees to shame.
But, I also remember filling a 20 gal tank for a couple pennies under $2.
You can watch the gas gage drop when you cranked those tricked out 4 an 5 hundred hp engines.
Don't I know...I drove a 1973 Cadillac Eldorado with a 502 bored 60 over, RV Cam and running cherry bombs...185 MPH on I-5...once, LOL.

Nice!

Yeah I grew up around muscle cars. Chevy, Ford, Pontiac, Mopar...I've seen, worked on, restored and rode in many, many HOT cars. I myself had a 1969 Chevelle sup'd up little 350 that would go 140mph+. Leave a black mark a mile long, well....

Its gone now and I pissed away my 20's on sex, drugs and rock & roll and now cant afford much. Maybe 2014 will be a great year for me and my family though.

A lot of us were dumb back then, but maybe the future holds something better

Last edited by a moderator:
I too am the second owner, it has a 352 V8 was rare for that year is Auto and has PS/PB also rare for that year, I put a new 352 in it 10 years ago, luck was with me found a short block 352 with matching numbers back in a warehouse in Portland was sitting there since 1967 brandnew, so it only has like 20K on the. motor and its not a rebuild :)
From 67-72 they looked allot alike allot of the changes were motor and reflectors. It almost all original , but has dual exhaust, electronic ignition via-Petronics . The wheels and steering wheel . so still is legal for classic in the shows. I like the 67 because its the first year of that body style and was the last year with a 352, the 352 is a different bird and idles way low like 700rpms and if I recall has solid lifters. So is a cold starter but will run forever lol.

Shouldn't have solid lifters unless someone stuffed a solid cam into it. I owned a '67 F350 for a long time, basically until I couldn't keep up with all the cancer starting in the old beast. I had re-powered with a couple of 352s over the years, until I got a 462 MEL in trade and slid that between the rails. By far, the 67-72s were Ford's best series of truck.

Yes I am trying to recall been ten years and was my first 352, I just recall the top end was not Hydraulic that was pretty clear on the rebuild.
We did allot of engines in other vehicles over the years. I'll do some more research.
I wish I had done it more recent. Redcap you sure they did not have a 352 with solids ??
I hate trying to remember that stuff been so long. You would think I would recall that better, some reason I just remember getting the information
from I think the place that did the heads. Hmmmm now you got me wondering. LOL I know when we rebuilt the 460 in our other truck it was hydraulic LOLOL.

Possible that it was a real early 352, around a '58 or '59 motor. Those were solid lifter, not even drilled for juice lifters. The truck ones in 67 all were hydro though unless aftermarket cam.

I too am the second owner, it has a 352 V8 was rare for that year is Auto and has PS/PB also rare for that year, I put a new 352 in it 10 years ago, luck was with me found a short block 352 with matching numbers back in a warehouse in Portland was sitting there since 1967 brandnew, so it only has like 20K on the. motor and its not a rebuild :)
From 67-74 they looked allot alike allot of the changes were motor and reflectors. It almost all original , but has dual exhaust, electronic ignition via-Petronics . The wheels and steering wheel . so still is legal for classic in the shows. I like the 67 because its the first year of that body style and was the last year with a 352, the 352 is a different bird and idles way low like 700rpms and if I recall has solid lifters. So is a cold starter but will run forever lol.

The 352 was a good engine for a truck. I ran an old 292 as a replacement for a 390 in a 66 4x4. Probably still running somewhere. One thing we can all agree on........anything was better than a 360 Ford. No power/heavy thirst. Things been going downhill ever since. You cant even buy a real truck anymore. Marketing to women and city guys began to ruin that in the mid 70's. Im not against an auto tranny or ps/pb but you can keep everything else. Who in the hell decided a dvd player was needed? Someone take his man card!

LOL I am grateful for the PS hehe, I had a friend had a 68 w/o wow was tough when going slow.
The auto on this 67 is a Huge tranny and has a very low 1st gear. was not a C6 or C4 hmm Cruisamatic comes to mind,
like to get a C6 in there.

Cruise-O-Matic or FMX (same thing) is very likely. Also...352 was almost exactly the same engine as the 360, just a little more bore on the latter. You can make them run hard and they take the RPM better than a 360 at the cost of low-end torque. They REALLY need higher compression (I think the 360 was designed to run on cat pee) and a good timing set that isn't 4-6 degrees retarded even when installed "straight up".

I will say the 352 after driving it 20 year is a good runner always starts. Always.
And the low RPM with two 36" glasspacks ( glass long gone) will give a very very low tone that will shake your windows.
I have seen the 360 and 390, hehe but I get about 18-20mph and they don't .
Always turns heads at cars shows because people just trashed them and beat the bajesus outta them cause they would take it. This was a Government owned truck by the school district, so never went to far had a camper on it at one time ( is also the camper special as well as the Ranger.) Was a foremans truck for the job sites during summer and then was not used unless there was projects. Was sold in the same town I live in now in 1967. Still have the steal Car Dealers badge !
It also has an optional emergency flasher in the glove box. Its a neat truck, wont sell it, not for 50k even the rides just too fun. Ive been offered 10K but the money will get spent and then no truck.

Very cool. My '67 1-ton had the optional flasher in the glovebox and 13-leaf spring packs so it rode like a lumber wagon, but it was an armstrong-steering, manual brake truck with a Dana 70 swapped in, NP540-GL2 5-speed (5th was direct; it was a real pain to mate to the MEL motor) and the old 352 with a small 4-barrel Carter on top. Wasn't a powerhouse by any means, but it ran real good and, like you said, started every time.

I saved about everything I could when it was time for her to go and almost all of it has found new homes. However, I never did get around to putting the Mercury hood letters and cowl badges on. Still have 'em for a '67-68 truck.

Sounds pretty cool, not sure if I knew what you meant by Mercury hood letters and cowl badges?
Do not think I have seen those.

They aren't real common. Not my truck, just an example of the cowl badge and hood letters.

1968%2BMercury%2BM100%2BM-100%2BRanger%2BPickup%2BTruck%2B6.jpg

1968%2BMercury%2BM100%2BM-100%2BRanger%2BPickup%2BTruck%2B1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top