JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I worked for a Dodge dealership in San Diego in 1969 after my sevice in the Marines. Got to drive a few 440's and even a 426 Hemi one time. That was an experience I'll never forget.

Sure puts these damned little bumblebees to shame.
But, I also remember filling a 20 gal tank for a couple pennies under $2.
You can watch the gas gage drop when you cranked those tricked out 4 an 5 hundred hp engines.

My first car 69 Charger RT/SE 440 magnum.... oh I wish I still had that car. A friend had one of those 70 500 also. Also remember seeing a white Superbird running around town every once in a while ooohhh......

A buddy of mine in high school had a 65 Pontiac GTO, 389 Tri-power, close ratio four speed and Hurst shifter kit. Red with black leather interior (at least I remember it being leather), Black convertible roof. It was a chick magnet and would flat fly!

At least not with drum brakes, over boosted power steering, and no feel for the road at triple digits.

They've probably never spun the rims inside the tires either.

OR gapped points with a matchbook.

Points what are those:s0131: All the kids of today know are electronic stuff and most don't even work on a car. I think owning a Volkswagon made me really work on cars:s0114: Had to adjust the valves almost every time you changed the oil:s0114: Oh those were he days....

I have. :) my second car was a 71 Firebird Formula 400. Plenty fast. But not fast enough so I replaced the engine with a 421 SD w/ tri-power. Now that was fast. I had a beautiful life.

Or Tri Power...

The tripower setup ran off the center 2bbl and was quite manageable until you depressed the accelerator about 3/4 pedal. Then they all opened up and it was like having a JATO under your ***. Honestly I would have never been able to synch those carbs without my smart engineer/mechanic old man. I have to give him full credit for anything gun, car, motorcycle, or 4x4 related. He taught me a lot and paid for a LOT of reloading components.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top