JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SF author Robert Heinlein, I think it was. One of his rules was always have your boots and weapons where you can find them in the dark. I've expanded this to include eyeglasses and flashlight.

If I need to respond to something outdoors at night, I figure shoes are obligatory. Other clothes are optional depending on available time and situation. If bad guy or potential bad guy (or bear trying to get ducks, or, on a camping trip, huge porky gnawing canoe) sees something that surprises/shocks/horrifies him and slows him down fractionally, so much the better. I feel seriously vulnerable outdoors at night without shoes, gun, or flashlight. (And eyeglasses.) Otherwise not so much.

One person mentioned car keys. I have mine on me, if I go and investigate. I leave my headlights on at home. Any button I hit on my keyring turns them back on immediately. I also have the horn/panic button. Nice to know you can create a distraction, or call the neighbor's attention if needed.

BFB9C81F-2E8F-45B3-B4C6-5FBA07ABCCBA.jpeg BFB9C81F-2E8F-45B3-B4C6-5FBA07ABCCBA.jpeg Reportedly some homeowners in between Puyallup and Tacoma shot at two people breaking into their house today. After they ran off and the sheriffs cleared the scene the homeowners put this sign on the car.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top