Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The Stylish Man’s Guide to Concealed Carry

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ATCclears, Oct 4, 2012.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Great read!! Thanks for posting!

3. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

The article really does a disservice to IWB. It's no more expensive than any other method of carry, and my IWB holster is as comfortable as OWB holsters. Also IWB doesn't require "tailored trousers".

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Galco: King Tuck... Specially designed for button down, tucked in shirt IWB carry. I use mine practically everyday, all day. :thumbup:

5. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

I went with the White Hat Holsters MaxTuck. The King Tuck was not available for my carry gun.

6. irierider

irierider PDX Member

I want a good shoulder harness for my 1911 so bad, but they all look like crap in person cuz they are so out of date now

7. Stomper

Back in the late 80's when I was bodyguarding the USAREUR CINC (4-Star General) in plain clothes I favoured the Bianci X15 vertical shoulder holster. Heck, when I was pulling Desk Sgt. duty I even wore it with my BDU's and secured the belt loop through the shirt's left-side "waist tab" (I'm a righty) in place of a belt to keep it from flopping around.

It held my 1911, M9 (92F), and .357 very nicely, with easy reach and employment. They come stock in brown, but I leather dyed everything black (had to be cool... LOL) They look nice & offer excellent concealment.

They aren't the $35-$40 they used to cost back then, but maybe go check 'em out, you may like them.

8. Phasade

Phasade Seattle, WA New Member

Thanks for the info! I'm always on the lookout for good information regarding Daily Carry options.

9. SynapticSilence

SynapticSilence Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

When I was stationed in Berlin at the 690th Intelligence Wing (Air Force), I lucked out once and caught a ride on the CINC USAREUR's plane when it headed back to Frankfurt. Leave it to say that four-stars gets you a very well-appointed aircraft. It wasn't Air Force One, but it was pretty plush for a military aircraft.

10. Stomper

Heh... You shoulda seen his armored Mercedes SEL500 limo and the chase cars, plus his personal quarters in Heidelberg!