JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a heads up @CountryGent or any other member that might be in the market for a S&W snubbie. Fisherman's Marine has S&W models 642, 442 and 638 on sale for $319.99($100 off) or the 642 with Crimson Trace laser grips on sale for $469.99($150 off). Not too shabby! Offer good until 08/12

As much as butchering a Webley upsets me, I still want it. I guess it is like taking in a foster child...

If that is a reference to the one in the original post, it is an Enfield No. 2. From what I've read, the backstory on these modified revolvers is not the "secret squirrel" stories, but rather some importer/exporter thought they'd sell better on the US market so modified. As I've always had an interest in top-breaks, this one joined the collection early in the year.

374637-21cbe388d23b454f02bb5a760c1a4e25.jpg

374638-b6bdef82df3d91493d75619d86f4857c.jpg

Well, i'm not sure if this qualifies or not, but it's sort of a semi-snub!
Ruger SP101 3" in .357mag!
View attachment 483706
Still working on making some nice grip panels for it tho!

Very nice. I've always liked the SP101. My father had one for some years. :)

Just a heads up @CountryGent or any other member that might be in the market for a S&W snubbie. Fisherman's Marine has S&W models 642, 442 and 638 on sale for $319.99($100 off) or the 642 with Crimson Trace laser grips on sale for $469.99($150 off). Not too shabby! Offer good until 08/12

Thanks for the heads up. That is indeed a good deal. :)

If that is a reference to the one in the original post, it is an Enfield No. 2. From what I've read, the backstory on these modified revolvers is not the "secret squirrel" stories, but rather some importer/exporter thought they'd sell better on the US market so modified. As I've always had an interest in top-breaks, this one joined the collection early in the year.

View attachment 484931

View attachment 484932

Very nice. I've always liked the SP101. My father had one for some years. :)
It was, I was raided on this design, so i have a lot of affection for them. I recall you mentioning that before, and i can't say i haven't wanted one like it since! :)

The SP101 reminds me of a brick, something about that makes it beautiful and reassuring. :)

Tell me that sort of thing when I have money to burn...:mad:

I have a Smith and Wesson Model 19 with a 3" tube and Fixed Sights in .357 Magnum - part of a batch made for the French Secret Service. And it's an earlier Gun w/o the lock and a wonderful trigger pull. If it wasn't such a Collectable it would be a very great Carry Gun.:):):)

I have a Colt Diamondback but after I got it, it was too nice to carry. So it resides in the safe.

I did own a SW 640 for a while. It was a great summer gun and loaded with +P loads, I felt it could do the job. But a buddy wanted it and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I think about getting a 642.

I have had and continue to have a modern Smith 637, 20 year old Taurus model 85, almost new Ruger LCR, 52 year old colt and a mid seventies Charter Arms under cover. I love snubbies and though I have a couple carry semi automatics I never have them with me. I do tend to have my really ugly charter arms in 38 Special, it has the best trigger of the bunch and fits my hand better than any of the others and by far cost the least amount of any of my other guns.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top