JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, we know that that's a gonner but it started as a starter.. these days we gots some necked stuff with velocity and it's all goot?
I think we now kinda know that velocity in certain forms might not do a soul so good, depending on what, hence the necked and fast .357sig and whatnots (fast things). And of course the .30 luger is downloaded (since it's over a hundred years old.. heavens to Betsy!) but if you were to do the math (lol), since you can put a 9 to 50,000psi, and.. nevermind. you'd think it'd be the best jackrabbit exploder ever.

It seems to me that if a 115gr @1550 can be sent, a same sectional density smaller at same same would be sent faster. whatever.. 230 hardball all the wee! not. lolz

The .30 Luger was an interesting cat, second only to the .30 mauser, which has lived on as the 7.62x25 tokarev. The .30 Luger offers roughly the same performance as the .32H&R magnum. While an interesting historical cartridge, I'm not sure it's truly in need of revival. The main disbenefit to it these days, is it retains the same bore diameter as the .32cal pistol cartridges (.311/.312). If you're looking for something with similar performance, .32-20 is a fantastic cartridge, the only downside is there are few modern rifles and pistols chambered in it. Even then, I do believe there are a number of lever guns from the early 1900's that are still perfectly serviceable.

I've never gotten one but I gather that barrels are pretty common/easy to get for lots of guns commonly made in 9mm.. I've been tempted to get a 6" for a Hi-Power for decades just for the fun of it.. probably splode varmints pretty good.

always curious about the 30 luger, almost bought a p220 in it. an older euro gun with the heelplate mag release. haven't seen another one, ever. shoulda gone for it.

Legend has it that Joe Hill packed a .30 Luger. (Labor organizer, early 20th century, convicted dubiously of murder, executed by firing squad by his choice: a victim of State Legislature bought and paid-for by the Copper Bosses).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top