JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I firmly believe in this, The Pledge of Allegiance. I was born here. I'm a citizen. I grew up saying this in school and I know what every word is and means. When I was a kid the Jehovah Witness kids would stand, but not speak. I thought it was pretty hypocritical (even then, as a third grader) that they wouldn't pledge allegiance to the only country that allowed them the freedom to practice their religion.
If you don't like it, pack your Sh*t and move north, south, or wherever.

LOL. JW's are in every country man. What kind of free country would mandate any activity? I believe that the pledge is a good thing. I don't believe it should be mandated. It is a religious belief, and freedom of religion is one of the rights last I checked. lol

LOL. JW's are in every country man. What kind of free country would mandate any activity? I believe that the pledge is a good thing. I don't believe it should be mandated. It is a religious belief, and freedom of religion is one of the rights last I checked. lol
Maybe I should reword that.
Change "the only" country to "the country that they lived in and didn't persecute them, while allowing them" to practice their religion. I agree with your statement about rights.

That said,

I have several friends and co-workers that are JW. I know a fair amount about their religion, including why they don't say The Pledge of Allegiance. That doesn't change my mind about how I thought as an "innocent American child", or continue to to think.
Then we'll revert to my last sentence. :D

In case you can't tell, I LOVE The Pledge of Allegiance, The Star Spangled Banner and God Bless America. I don't hate others for what they believe in, but to tell me what I grew up believing in is wrong, or bad is fightin words.

Last Edited:
:angry:
When I was a kid the Jehovah Witness kids would stand, but not speak. I thought it was pretty hypocritical (even then, as a third grader) that they wouldn't pledge allegiance to the only country that allowed them the freedom to practice their religion.

I was raised a JW (until my parents gave them the "heave-ho" when I was 10), and was one of those kids that stood but didn't put my hand over my heart or recite the words... I can tell you that even though at that young age and not really understanding the gravity of it all, it was embarrassing for me to be "that kid"... Christmas time sucked too.

Now I'm a scarred 8-yr. Army vet... I'm as VORACIOUS a patriot you'll ever find, and I DESPISE this "multi-cultural" weakness that has seriously infected our country. :angry:

my country tis of thee,sweet land of liberty......:huh:
Of thee I sing; land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrims' pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring!

Just to help ya out a little..

I don't have a problem when teachers teach other languages to children for two simple reasons. One, children have an easier time learning languages at a young age - the older you get the harder it is. Two, the more languages you know, the bigger advantage you will have as an adult in the workplace.

As for the pledge, this is how I first learned about it many years ago:

YouTube - Old Glory Porky Pig

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews