JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tried turning it on a few times, but not up for watching for more than 5 minutes if I'm not going to see some competition. Oh, did watch about 15 minutes of curling. Fascinating sport, boring after 15 minutes though. Love the way they work them brooms, that's athleticism I tell ya! Got to see the guy curler kick his stone when his last play didn't go where he wanted! He didn't kick it hard of course. Just enough that it went into another couple of stones.

Well at least there is one good Olympics sport still MVIMG_20180220_133344.jpg IMG_20180220_133345.jpg MVIMG_20180220_133350.jpg IMG_20180220_133408.jpg MVIMG_20180220_133410.jpg MVIMG_20180220_133410.jpg

TIL in the year 2000 American Target Shooter Josh Lakatos decided to illegally stay in the Olympic Village and turned an unsupervised building into a playground for sex orgies. (espn.com)

The Mag: Sex in the Olympic Village

AMERICAN TARGET SHOOTER Josh Lakatos faced a conundrum. Halfway through the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, he and his rifle-toting teammates were finished with their events, and the U.S. Olympic Committee and team officials had ordered them to turn in the keys to their three-story house and head back to the States. But Lakatos didn't want to leave. He knew from his experience four years earlier in Atlanta, where he'd won silver, that the Olympic Village was just about to erupt into a raucous party, and there was no way he was going to miss it. So he asked the maid at the emptied-out dwelling if she'd kindly look the other way as he jimmied the lock. "I don't care what you do," she replied.

The next morning," Lakatos says, "swear to God, the entire women's 4x100 relay team of some Scandinavian-looking country walks out of the house, followed by boys from our side. And I'm just going, 'Holy crap, we'd watched these girls run the night before.'"

And on it went for eight days as scores of Olympians, male and female, trickled into the shooter's house -- and that's what everyone called it, Shooters' House -- at all hours, stopping by an Oakley duffel bag overflowing with condoms procured from the village's helpful medical clinic. After a while, it dawned on Lakatos: "I'm running a friggin' brothel in the Olympic Village! I've never witnessed so much debauchery in my entire life."

Selling that as a 'charm offensive' by the cheerleader squad was certainly mystifying....

My first viewing experience with Jr High Athletics in 1957 the 9th grader cheer squad put on a nearly identical performance.....

So I guess these Olympics set a record low for viewership, down 24% from the last Winter Olympics in 2014. Guess the creepy North Korean cheerleaders and their "charm offensive" didn't help.

NBC viewership for Winter Olympics in South Korea could be worst ever

Their revenue model of packaged content is broken. I scraped my satellite dish years ago and I see all the TV I want or need via a Roku, lots of channels and way too much free content out there to ever pay for it.

Their revenue model of packaged content is broken. I scraped my satellite dish years ago and I see all the TV I want or need via a Roku, lots of channels and way too much free content out there to ever pay for it.

Well some of their decisions certainly kept me from watching... really the only event I follow is hockey and it seems that was all hidden behind their paywall and I just didn't care enough to actually pay.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top