JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For me, let these kids be Olympians. The best in the world from each country!!!. To me, All go home with a medal. What I despise is a news agency broadcasting in the middle of a world class performance of what some kid did wrong.
How about shut the media commentators out, let us just watch the Olympics, and vote via NWF as to the Gold, Silver and Bronze winners?

I'd like to watch The Olympics....NOT all the blather, and commercials, and digging into every nook of the participants life from when they were babies. Just show me the competition! Talk to the athlete before, after, win/loss, good. I don't use a DVR so I can't record and watch later.

It's been four years since the last winter Olympics. In that time I've noticed a definite increase in commercial minutes on television programming. The first 1/4-1/2 of the Super Bowl had me really peed off as I like to watch/listen what goes on between plays. And very few commercials were even worth a damn. I would imagine The Olympics could be the 2nd most expensive commercial time, after the Super Bowl?

I stopped watching the Olympics because politics were becoming increasingly invasive,
the commentators would not shut up and the commercials were non-stop.
We actually dropped cable due to the excessive commercials in everything.
I'm not paying those ridiculous fees just so they can try and sell me their junk.

I don't watch the events that can be performed almost as well by sandbags.
(luge, bobsled, skeleton).
(Although, I must admit, I did watch the John Candy movie "Cool Runnings"........once......drunk.)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlmqn-JD57j1Sx-pK7heMTCviyphkiSgqWmLEWPUfWwPKRLYPSew.jpg

Last Edited:
Last summer Olympics I watched the raw feed. The committee provides the feed to all licences broadcasters - NBC - and they add their own comments. But you can get feeds with out comments.
Sometimes hard to know who is in the lead. No background stories.

It was an online stream. I think you had to enter your "provider" - Comcast - to ensure you had paid for the feed.

That was 2 years ago....

How to watch the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics games live online | TechRadar

If I remember, I'll check when I get home. I don't have access here at work - I did just try.

Last Edited:
They went political.

Haven't watched. Same reason I avoid the news nowadays.

There was a time I watched the Winter Olympics, beginning to end. I knew the Olympics was happening this year, but I only discovered by accident that today is the opener. I doubt I'll watch any of it. That's not to take anything away from the athletes, as they are very talented. I just no longer have an interest. And I don't know what caused my apathy.

I see many commercials now, with (apparently) an Olympian as the star of the ad. I don't recognize their faces or their names.

But good luck to them all.

Man I stopped watching after about the 4th Century AD. Once the athletes started wearing clothes and the losers weren't fed to the lions it really wasn't the same.

I don't watch the events that can be performed almost as well by sandbags.
(luge, bobsled, skeleton).
(Although, I must admit, I did watch the John Candy movie "Cool Runnings"........once......drunk.)

View attachment 429281
Ok albin, boo on you here my friend. To me it should be only about the athletes and their abilities, and luck at the time of their competition. None of those kids are sandbags:s0109:. If so, I dare you to load some sand bag projectiles into your favorite target rifle. These kids put their whole heart into the Olympic Games. God Bless them All. And only us here at NWF are Honest Judges.:s0113:
I watch all games in muted commentary except for womens curling,:s0033::s0160: ususally broadcast at 3am on Sunday mornings. I dare any of you ballistics nerds to compare your favorite projectiles ballistic coefficient to one of those "stones".:s0069:

None of those kids are sandbags
Now now, I didn't say those "kids" were sandbags.... I said I don't watch the events that could be performed by a sandbag. I DO watch skating, skiing, etc....

Curling is a whole lot of fun to do but generally better to participate in than watch. I still can't get used to those little push brooms though, I grew up to the loud slap- slap-slap of the traditional brooms.

For me, let these kids be Olympians. The best in the world from each country!!!. To me, All go home with a medal. What I despise is a news agency broadcasting in the middle of a world class performance of what some kid did wrong.
How about shut the media commentators out, let us just watch the Olympics, and vote via NWF as to the Gold, Silver and Bronze winners?
Oh you haven't heard the news it came down to a coin toss too see who got to carry the flag in the opening the girl won BUT THE GUY SAID IT WAS FIXED AND RACIST WHITE GIRL BLACK GUY bla bla bla the best thing I heard was she just told him get over it it was a coin toss stop crying

Ok albin, boo on you here my friend. To me it should be only about the athletes and their abilities, and luck at the time of their competition. None of those kids are sandbags:s0109:. If so, I dare you to load some sand bag projectiles into your favorite target rifle. These kids put their whole heart into the Olympic Games. God Bless them All. And only us here at NWF are Honest Judges.:s0113:

I watch all games in muted commentary except for womens curling,:s0033::s0160: ususally broadcast at 3am on Sunday mornings. I dare any of you ballistics nerds to compare your favorite projectiles ballistic coefficient to
one of those "stones".:s0069:
Have to admit I kind of like the Curling. It's the reason I let Canada live. Well that and Tim Horton's. Timmy run!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top