JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Take a look at the Meopta made Cabelas Instinct Euro HD model. Meopta is a little known brand to a lot of people but they are near equal to Swaro and Zeiss high end stuff. The Nightforce spotting scopes are made by Meopta btw.

I did a side by side comparison indoors and outdoors between the Zeiss Conquest, Zeiss Terra, the Swaro CL, and the Meopta made Cabelas. The Cabelas was much better by a considerable margin. Surprisingly enough the Zeiss Terra, at a much lower price, with their Shott glass, was visually better than the Conquest and the Swaro by a slight margin. The Terra did feel kind of wimpy though...not as well built as the other three, but incredible glass for the price.

I also compared the Meopta Cabelas to the Swaro EL and Zeiss Victory and as no surprise they were not quite as good, but it was amazing how close they were considering they are about 1/3 the price.

I walked into the store knowing I was going to bring the Zeiss Conquest home, but walked out the door with the Meopta.

I'm guessing the razors are Vortex?
Anyway,I just like to put it out there that out of 2 pairs of vortex binos,both went in for warranty.
Other that that,I can't afford to look thru those priced glasses

I definitely need to get my hands on some Meopta meostars. Everything I have read is impressive. Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the Vortex vs the Meopta. I read one review on a different forum. Just looking for more of an opinion.

Cabels did have some Vortex binos that I looked at, but don't recall which model they were. I do know they were fairly inexpensive and of a similar quality as the Nikons I looked at of a similar price. All I can remember was the Zeiss Terra's of a similar price looked better. The sales people at Cabelas were pretty hot about the Vortex products.

I got a good price break on the Meopta Cabelas binos last Christmas. I paid about $500 for a pair of 8x32mm. Regular price is $850 now but Cabelas products are always on sale at some point. Just have to be patient.

Thanks all for your help. I think I've narrowed it down to the Razor Hd or Meopta meostars.

Anyone use the 12x50s? Looking for "edumacated" opinions. Thanks again

12 power are to strong and will not hold steady without a support underneath them.
Watch eBay as they have deals. Just run the serial number to make sure it's legit.
Vortex won't touch meopta. My EL's are worth every penny.
Gonna buy the new sig range finder for my hunt. It is great. Better than Leica.

So, I went to sportsman warehouse in Hillsboro and looked at the vortex vipers, razors, Ziess conquest hd, and Swaro slc..

The vipers were surprisingly better then the razors! The conquest hds were close to the Swaros for 800 less. I have now changed tact to going to Cabelas to look through the meoptas, Leica trinovids compared to the conquest hds.
Any thoughts?

Swarovski and Schmidt and bender always win.
But the cabelas euro made by meopta will smoke anything under the ones above I mentioned.
That purchase is by far the most important one you make in hunting.
There's a million guns that shoot great.
But you want see animals in low light with sub par glass.
Thus you will miss chances you never saw for the smarter animals that pop out in low light!

always be aware of the optics that looks amazing in the store (under the fluorescence lights). I have heard some manufactures use special coatings to make them look great in those situations.

If they will let you, take them outside around sundown and compare them in real light.

Don't forget about the Leupold Mojave HD!

So, I went to sportsman warehouse in Hillsboro and looked at the vortex vipers, razors, Ziess conquest hd, and Swaro slc..

The vipers were surprisingly better then the razors! The conquest hds were close to the Swaros for 800 less. I have now changed tact to going to Cabelas to look through the meoptas, Leica trinovids compared to the conquest hds.
Any thoughts?
$800 less? ouch.
Yea, one day I hope to have some sweet glass. I think that the birding community are the true glass snobs and upgrade every other week.. for decades.. by the tens of thousands.
Buy used for a song. Glass doesn't wear out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top