JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You bet,DeanMk. Instead of a bench grinder, I would recommend a stone or small, very fine file. The amount to remove is very small. Hope you like the Rascal when you hold it.
Best regards,

ezra

Sorry, I should've clarified my prior post...the bench grinder was used by my father for sharpening drill bits, so it actually does have a stone on one side and a brush on the other.
Yeah, sounds like that breech stop just needs a couple of kisses.
Good excuse for me to get reacquainted with some depth mikes I've not used for a number of years now, too.

Now available in .357 mag

I noticed this again elsewhere, and noticed the offering in .22 Hornet, which I think I would prefer (if I were hunting with this, I would be carrying a revolver in .357, .44 or .460 which would do for deer and the latter two for elk, out to 50-75 yards - not as good as the rifle, but I would be hunting primarily for small game - if I were thinking I might be encountering large game, I would swap for a .30-30 or .308 rifle and carry a .22 pistol).

I had the .22WRM over .410. That WRM sure made a mess out of squirrels. I believe it was Savage. They also made a 30-30 over 20GA. but not too many of them. That would have been the one to have for a duel, deer/bird season. :s0155:

Savage made a lot of variations and even rebranded some Valmet 412s (12ga/rifle, but without the swappable barrels). I think someone here told me they made their own 12 ga/rifle combos too, or maybe it was double rifles (?) - which I didn't know.

Anyway, I have a Savage .223 over 20 and an SA/CZ M6 .22/.410 - I always regretted not getting it in .22 Hornet though. I wish they would make it in stainless. The SA/CZ guns were offered in nickel plated IIRC.

The Savage combos are quite a bit heavier than the M6 - by about 2 pounds (7# vs 5#) and not near as compact. I think most of the Savages were not near as easy to takedown too.

The main benefit of either combo is that they make a good truck gun, or a survival gun for an airplane - I would not use the M6 as a primary hunting long gun, and the Savage would not be my first choice either, but would be better than the M6. I bought the one I have for my dad - he was a pilot - but not too long after I got it for him he had to give up his license due to health reasons.

Had an M-6 in .22 Hornet over .410. Trigger from he!!. Definitely a short range gun for me.
Had a couple of Savages one .22 mag over .410, nice combo.
And a 24F .223 over 12 Gauge, did nothing well and heavy.

Now that .357 / .310 sounds neat...

Had an M-6 in .22 Hornet over .410. Trigger from he!!. Definitely a short range gun for me.
Had a couple of Savages one .22 mag over .410, nice combo.
And a 24F .223 over 12 Gauge, did nothing well and heavy.

Now that .357 / .310 sounds neat...
I realize that's a typo, but it got me thinking.
What if you developed an M6 as a .357 Maximum o/u and loaded some shells with shot instead of a bullet.
Would be kind of like a "mini .410" and you'd still have the .357 Maximum with an actual bullet as the rifle half.

I realize that's a typo, but it got me thinking.
What if you developed an M6 as a .357 Maximum o/u and loaded some shells with shot instead of a bullet.
Would be kind of like a "mini .410" and you'd still have the .357 Maximum with an actual bullet as the rifle half.

In my experience, the shotshell loadings for pistol cartridges do best with the big bore cartridges like .44/.45 because they can load them up with larger and more shot, but they still are short range with the rifling causing a lot of spread. Conversely, .410 slugs do not do as well as pistol cartridges.

That is why I would want a .22 Hornet/.410 - the .410 would be for close up shooting of small game, the .22 Hornet for farther out. If one could find a .22 Hornet to .22 rimfire adapter, then you could use that for in between.

A .30⁄30 WCF over 20-gauge would be ever so neat-o. It has been a while since I've seen one.

Tangentially, while the M6 is utilitarian, the opposite is the M30 Luftwaffe survival rifle.

Off topic, no interest in the M6 or variants but man that is one funny gun/history video to this history geek.

"So there you go, if you want to put together a joint venture of bombing allied forces and then going for a safari..."

:s0112:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top