JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to love the HELL out of cutting and splitting firewood (to sell) during the couple years I spent as a gypo-logger. My buddy would cut and buck the logs then stage them with the D7, I'd cut them into rounds then go to town with a 10# mall & knock out 5 cords before lunch.

Good honest hard work that would either make you into a SUPER-BEAST... or break and kill you. HELL YEAH!!! :D
I'm retired so time ain't money to me and I ain't broke or dead yet

I still think the rocket stove mass heaters are the bee's knees . Very efficient but you have to split the wood down to almost kindling.

So I come back from the woods with about a cord on my poor little half ton. Neighbor asks 'who's helping you with this?'
Helping me? Nobody, why?
Well you aren't a old man but you ain't no spring chicken either.
Had to laugh and say I had done this kind of work forever and was just dumb enough to continue.

Back when the kids were still at home & young I'd keep them busy helping in all the chores around the property.
It kept them out of the riff raff that abounds in our small rural town.

I once helped a friend clear some acreage for all the firewood I could want. I played a joke on my big strong teenage son by placing a few rounds of Spruce in the splitting pile & we all laughed from afar as the maul bounced off it every time he swung at it. I yelled over at him "hit that thing like you got a sack".... Sorry son but that round must have rolled out of the stack destined for the hydraulic splitter.:eek::eek::eek::p
It was funny though.... and gets brought up a time or two when there is a gathering.....;)

image.jpeg Cut a lot of wood this year. Fifty acre logging next door to my place with lots of good wood with easy access.

When I was young and selling firewood for a living, I had 8 pack abs.
Now that I have turned 60 and have central heat, I'm down to a 2 pack.

Well from splitting wood since the 60's my core strength is still pretty good.
George Foreman was one of the first to use wood splitting as part of his work out regiment.
No sell those splitters and get the maul out:cool:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR