JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a live webcam watching the Large Hadron Collider that accelerates particles and can produce mini Blackholes.

LHC Compact Muon Solenoid Experiment Webcams

There are currently two webcams online

* Camera 7: looking at the Underground Experimental Cavern from the Saleve side.
* Camera 8: looking out of the window of the 1st Floor of the SCX building that houses the CMS Control room.

http://www.cyriak.co.uk/lhc/lhc-webcams.html

This is a live webcam watching the Large Hadron Collider that accelerates particles and can produce mini Blackholes.

CERNs LHC is a particle collider that is looking for the so called "god particle", or more properly Higgs Boson. There are, and have been for many years now, other colliders at different locations around the world. The only thing that makes this one special is its size and power.

There has been speculation that the LHC could produce a black hole, but claims on either side of the argument are speculation at best, considering that this is unexplored territory with the speed and power at which the particles are smashed.

This is actually a hot topic as there have been many lawsuits against CERN claiming they should be shut down due to possible unexpected consequences. The problem is, that anyone who is intelligent enough to speak about the LHC technology in court, has stakes in seeing the project through! So the courts cannot find an unbiased witness to testify!

Thanks for posting!

aren't they also for a fraction of a second?

Well.... I'll say my final good byes to the family tonight. I wonder when it will get here.......... why does it feel like I'm being pulled into spaghetti..

That thing would make a pretty good weapon only you'd have to get the target to step down into a sealed vacuum chamber inside the supercooled coils and related electronics. When you compute force in a bullet you use the square of the velocity, so at the speed of light you only need a tiny bullet, remember to load light.

IMHO it stands little chance at replacing gravity and the acme 50 ton weight.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top