JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, wait a min here, shouldnt the O.P. be posting pictures as thr starter or this thread?:eek:
Hey @CountryGent how bout it, at leadt give us an idea what it is your plotting!:p:D
:s0122:

Most assuredly, mi amigo. I linked to my hijinks in the original post. Basically, turning a Rossi Ranch Hand into a suppressed, SBRed, lever-gun. The base-gun came in this week:

527562-3dc02fed752060a7a7b2db2935d603e5.jpg

:D

Ah! Neat--0

My Dream Franken gun build would be a 1895 Marlin big bore take down with break and bayonet lug for a m1909 blade! Done up with a set of winged "Battle sights" would be a pretty slick boomer!:)

Ah! Neat--0

My Dream Franken gun build would be a 1895 Marlin big bore take down with break and bayonet lug for a m1909 blade! Done up with a set of winged "Battle sights" would be a pretty slick boomer!:)

Oh my, that sounds like fun. Here's hoping some day it comes to fruition. :D

Oh my, that sounds like fun. Here's hoping some day it comes to fruition. :D
It should, I already got a derelict 1895 that has been used and abused, just need to get off my butt and go see my favorit Gun junky Smith ( i keep promising ) and drop it off for much needed lovin!:)
Years and years ago, one of the gun mags "Rifleman" i think it was, did a feature on alternate "Tacticool" rifles for defence againt two and four legged predators and the lowly Marlin was a SERIOUSLY capable option, ( any of the lever rifles) especially the tricked out gun featured as an example, that one really stuck with me, that and I LOVE those 1895 Marlins any way, so it seemed an awesome idea, but until now, I had mostly back burnered it!:(

Four different Chilean Mausers cobbled together into one. Re-machined barrel, repaired handguard, but I like it never the less.
Almost every milsurp I own has been rearsenaled, often by me. So they are all Frankenguns, that's what makes them fun.

View attachment 575693
There is just something organically attractive about a Mauser.
Maybe it's because I "see" a Model 70 ?

I did a search on "AR-15 conversions" and a few play on words, this thread seems to be the best fit, I hope.

Is it possible to affix an upper to an AR-15 lower that eliminates the need for a buffer tube. I really like folding stocks and would like to consider converting my ARs to folding stock rifles, plus I cannot get the hang of the rear charging handles, feels too odd. Side charging is most natural to me.

Is what i mentioned possible? Thanks.

I did a search on "AR-15 conversions" and a few play on words, this thread seems to be the best fit, I hope.

Is it possible to affix an upper to an AR-15 lower that eliminates the need for a buffer tube. I really like folding stocks and would like to consider converting my ARs to folding stock rifles, plus I cannot get the hang of the rear charging handles, feels too odd. Side charging is most natural to me.

Is what i mentioned possible? Thanks.
there are so many options for side charge uppers and non buffer tube ar15 lowers/carriers...just look around.

Seems to be a short list. Only found Faxon ARAK - super expensive for an upper.
brn 180 upper, dead foot arms, evolution weapon systems and law tactical is coming out with a buffer less recoil system.
for side charge there is several, but to get a side charge with the buffer less you will either need a mill and a little time or buy the brn 180 upper

Am I the only 'gun guy' that isn't interested in rolling my own?

Give me a factory made, say like a Colt AR LE6920 or a Glock 19 or...ok, you see where I'm going...

I'm a bug for maintenance of all sorts of stuff, but build something, not my thing...I can't be the only one not interested in such...

You build it - I'll buy it.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top