JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, wait a min here, shouldnt the O.P. be posting pictures as thr starter or this thread?:eek:
Hey @CountryGent how bout it, at leadt give us an idea what it is your plotting!:p:D
:s0122:

Most assuredly, mi amigo. I linked to my hijinks in the original post. Basically, turning a Rossi Ranch Hand into a suppressed, SBRed, lever-gun. The base-gun came in this week:

527562-3dc02fed752060a7a7b2db2935d603e5.jpg

:D

Ah! Neat--0

My Dream Franken gun build would be a 1895 Marlin big bore take down with break and bayonet lug for a m1909 blade! Done up with a set of winged "Battle sights" would be a pretty slick boomer!:)

Ah! Neat--0

My Dream Franken gun build would be a 1895 Marlin big bore take down with break and bayonet lug for a m1909 blade! Done up with a set of winged "Battle sights" would be a pretty slick boomer!:)

Oh my, that sounds like fun. Here's hoping some day it comes to fruition. :D

Oh my, that sounds like fun. Here's hoping some day it comes to fruition. :D
It should, I already got a derelict 1895 that has been used and abused, just need to get off my butt and go see my favorit Gun junky Smith ( i keep promising ) and drop it off for much needed lovin!:)
Years and years ago, one of the gun mags "Rifleman" i think it was, did a feature on alternate "Tacticool" rifles for defence againt two and four legged predators and the lowly Marlin was a SERIOUSLY capable option, ( any of the lever rifles) especially the tricked out gun featured as an example, that one really stuck with me, that and I LOVE those 1895 Marlins any way, so it seemed an awesome idea, but until now, I had mostly back burnered it!:(

Four different Chilean Mausers cobbled together into one. Re-machined barrel, repaired handguard, but I like it never the less.
Almost every milsurp I own has been rearsenaled, often by me. So they are all Frankenguns, that's what makes them fun.

View attachment 575693
There is just something organically attractive about a Mauser.
Maybe it's because I "see" a Model 70 ?

I did a search on "AR-15 conversions" and a few play on words, this thread seems to be the best fit, I hope.

Is it possible to affix an upper to an AR-15 lower that eliminates the need for a buffer tube. I really like folding stocks and would like to consider converting my ARs to folding stock rifles, plus I cannot get the hang of the rear charging handles, feels too odd. Side charging is most natural to me.

Is what i mentioned possible? Thanks.

I did a search on "AR-15 conversions" and a few play on words, this thread seems to be the best fit, I hope.

Is it possible to affix an upper to an AR-15 lower that eliminates the need for a buffer tube. I really like folding stocks and would like to consider converting my ARs to folding stock rifles, plus I cannot get the hang of the rear charging handles, feels too odd. Side charging is most natural to me.

Is what i mentioned possible? Thanks.
there are so many options for side charge uppers and non buffer tube ar15 lowers/carriers...just look around.

Seems to be a short list. Only found Faxon ARAK - super expensive for an upper.
brn 180 upper, dead foot arms, evolution weapon systems and law tactical is coming out with a buffer less recoil system.
for side charge there is several, but to get a side charge with the buffer less you will either need a mill and a little time or buy the brn 180 upper

Am I the only 'gun guy' that isn't interested in rolling my own?

Give me a factory made, say like a Colt AR LE6920 or a Glock 19 or...ok, you see where I'm going...

I'm a bug for maintenance of all sorts of stuff, but build something, not my thing...I can't be the only one not interested in such...

You build it - I'll buy it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads