JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The participants:

FOR: Changing the 2nd Amendment
AGAINST: No Change

FOR
Alan Dershowitz
Professor of Law, Harvard Law School

FOR
Sanford Levinson
Professor of Law and of Government, University of Texas

AGAINST
David Kopel
Research Director, Independence Institute & Associate Policy Analyst, Cato Institute

AGAINST
Eugene Volokh
Professor of Law, UCLA School of Law

Thanks for the heads-up but as you no doubt has surmised it has Nothing to do w/the US Constitution, someone is just talking out of their ash (again)

The day it's decided that the 2nd Amendment has outlived its usefulness will likely be the day showing its usefulness. And not in the hunting or target plinking use, but in that often-despised tyrannical deterring use.

The day it's decided that the 2nd Amendment has outlived its usefulness will likely be the day showing its usefulness. And not in the hunting or target plinking use, but in that often-despised tyrannical deterring use.

You mean like what it is in there for?

Very well said.

Fine, if it has outlived its usefulness then do a constitutional amendment and get rid of it.
.........if you can get the votes.

I would say the 3rd has outlived its usefulness. When was the last time we were in a need of it?
Let's scrap it and stick a whole company in Dershowitz's house the following day.

Last Edited:
We don't need guns with Obomber as our president, he is all we need . Hope and change! The government is our friend and is here to help us.

I always got to laugh when I come across a jewish person that is PRO gun control. The irony.

You're being to harsh. They simply haven't been schooled in recent history. i.e. eastern Europe in the 1930's and 40's. Does anyone think the holocaust would have happened if they had a second amendment?

You're being to harsh. They simply haven't been schooled in recent history. i.e. eastern Europe in the 1930's and 40's. Does anyone think the holocaust would have happened if they had a second amendment?

Yes it would have. The Germans herded them like cattle and they just complied. On they way onto the train and getting off of the trains they outnumbered the Germans hundreds to one. How many shots could the guards get off from their Mausers if they were rushed?
It was not so much about being unarmed as it was about the culture of those people.

How many modern day American college professors would put up an armed resistance if all of a sudden the government started to round them up? I would bet not very many.

Yes it would have. The Germans herded them like cattle and they just complied. On they way onto the train and getting off of the trains they outnumbered the Germans hundreds to one. How many shots could the guards get off from their Mausers if they were rushed?
It was not so much about being unarmed as it was about the culture of those people.

How many modern day American college professors would put up an armed resistance if all of a sudden the government started to round them up? I would bet not very many.

Good point. But I have to imagine some (more) would have risen up if they had been armed.

Good point. But I have to imagine some (more) would have risen up if they had been armed.

They would have risen up had they known where they were going.
They thought it was to be labor camps with jobs, shelter and food.
If they knew they were going to the gas chambers and ovens they would have
fought bare handed.

The word was filtering back. At first it wasn't believed, but when it finally was (believed) they tried to fight but had nothing to fight with. i.e. the Warsaw ghetto.

God bless them they did hold out for (if memory serves because it's to late to consult Wikipedia) 28 days.

"In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution" - Thomas Jefferson

"Just when you think it is time to bury your guns, it is in fact time to dig them up" - Some wise unknown person

The Internet vote was 98% AGAINST

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top