JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When anyone tells us the 2nd has outlived itself, it is an indicator that will be needed far more than it ever has in history.
That is the single most important safeguard that the founders installed in the Constitution of the United States.
That is something no one should ever forget. It is what protects us and the Constitution from those very people that proclaim it is no longer needed. They are the enemy, and that is a solid fact you can live with.

When anyone tells us the 2nd has outlived itself, it is an indicator that will be needed far more than it ever has in history.
That is the single most important safeguard that the founders installed in the Constitution of the United States.
That is something no one should ever forget. It is what protects us and the Constitution from those very people that proclaim it is no longer needed. They are the enemy, and that is a solid fact you can live with.

Amen brother........ :s0155:

It seems we as "defenders" (out of a lack of a better, more accurate term) have or should become history teachers. "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it."

The Internet vote was 98% AGAINST

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Yeah that was a totally rigged poll full of anti gun bullpucky.
It was that simple.

Yeah that was a totally rigged poll full of anti gun bullpucky.
It was that simple.

Um the internet vote was 98% against the notion that the right to bear arms has outlived its usefulness.... in other words 98% on our side. The New York audience predictably voted the opposite... although by a much smaller margin.

Everyone should watch this debate, yes I know it's long but it's worthwhile. The pro 2nd Amendment guys made some good points and were generally effective in countering the opposing side. Watch, learn and use in your own discussions on the 2nd Amendment and gun control.

There were small bands of civilian Jews that did fight back, the largest or most notable was the Warsaw Ghetto uprising of 43. They scrounged up what weapons they could, but got slaughtered.

When I read that, made me realize even more how important the 2A is in the long run even in a time of peace and just enjoying recreational target shooting etc.... far better than trying to learn to shoot a random scavenged weapon with a handful of surplus at the last minute.

The 2A will never outlive its usefulness even in a time of peace its more relevant than ever.

And defense attorney and chief liar for murderer O.J. Simpson. Just the kind of individual with the moral high ground to be lecturing the rest of us!

Alan Dershowitz... Aha! I knew his name sounded familiar but couldn't place it. I thought he was the worst member of the panel, too much use of straw-man arguments, interrupting other panelists, emotional arguments instead of data based, etc....... of course I may be a bit biased ;)

Um the internet vote was 98% against the notion that the right to bear arms has outlived its usefulness.... in other words 98% on our side. The New York audience predictably voted the opposite... although by a much smaller margin.

A selected audience that was designed to side with them.
These are dangerous men !

There were small bands of civilian Jews that did fight back, the largest or most notable was the Warsaw Ghetto uprising of 43. They scrounged up what weapons they could, but got slaughtered.

When I read that, made me realize even more how important the 2A is in the long run even in a time of peace and just enjoying recreational target shooting etc.... far better than trying to learn to shoot a random scavenged weapon with a handful of surplus at the last minute.

The 2A will never outlive its usefulness even in a time of peace its more relevant than ever.

We must never allow it to be damaged or taken.
It is the backbone of the Constitution
We all are the brace that gives it strength and keeps it from being broken.

It was an excellent debate. I agree that Dershowitz has a poor debating style and was pretty inflammatory. But it was worth watching regardless.

In the discussion about MLK, I was surprised Kopel didn't mention that King owned guns and had a CPL - it would have neutralized that argument quite effectively.

Also, it was interesting to hear Volokh say he thought the 2A was "probably ineffective" as a bulwark against government tyranny in the modern age.

Of course, the anti-2A side won the audience vote, but what do you expect with an NYC audience that was 68% in favor of the anti-2A argument before the debate even began?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top