JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was going to go to the range today to sight in some rifles but it was a little too breezy. So, I decided to go by the grocery store with a side trip to Sportsman's Warehouse. LOL, I got to SW about 20 minutes before opening and there were approximately 100 people in line waiting for the store to open to purchase ammo. The line was almost as long as the grand opening day last fall. I have seen 20 - 35 in the past but this was something else.

Perhaps all this talk about "gun control" this past week is agitating the masses?

I'm surprised there weren't any entrepreneurs set up around the corner to facilitate those willing to pay big $$ to bypass the line for a product that may not be there when they finally make it to the ammo counter .

Last Edited:
Balloon pop. Buddy got 15% off. There were 200 people at ours.
They have been pretty consistent about untying ammo out sat mornings. So 100+ is normal for us.

Blazer 9mm aluminum case is $19 for #50. Remington was $22 for #50.
Manufacturer increase happening may 1st. So except 9mm to be around 25 a box soon if you find it in the big stores

Incase you guys missed it

received_5219316244777324.jpeg

I was at the Sportsmans off hwy 26 a few weeks ago. I was looking for reloading stuff and a guy opening ammo boxes looking for ammo askes me for help. I tell him I don't work there but another customer next to us both says, what do you want. The original guy, in not great English says something about a Mack, so the 2nd guy harrumphs and walks away. The OG says, he is taking a class this weekend and he needs ammo for his Mack. We dance around and I ask if he has an AK or a pistol. He couldn't answer. Was it a Mak 90? He said, yes, I think that is it.

I told him go look at his gun or magazines and somethings to check for. Also, by the way, there is an ammo shortage so good luck. He had no idea about any ammo shortage (which is actually more of an availability issue). I thought it strange if he actually had a Mak 90 yet knew nothing about it. An engineer looking guy in his 40s. Sweater vest, glasses, skinny and all. Profiling based on 20 years working with them.

How is this the Biden affect? Does a guy who obviously knows zero about guns go out and spend $1500-2000 on a niche rifle under normal conditions? Was it Asian hate (he was Asian) or fear that brought him there? Was it general fear? An enthusiast I would guess would have done some research. We spent 10 minutes talking about bullet basics. He knew nothing about firearms outside of where bullets are normally purchased.

Yesterday, Walmart Sherwood had 3 boxes of ammo;

2 boxes 28 ga and 1 box 20 ga.

That's it. A few weeks before it was just those 2 boxes of 28ga so they're getting ammo in occasionally (lol)

Biden effect.... lol, I'm sure there's going to be a lot more 'effect' in the coming months / years than just ammo lines.

At BiMart the other day, Blazer 45ACP was $25/box. I bought two and was surprised by the cost.
I buy it as gifts, but darn, it's getting to be an expensive gift.
Guess I've been living under a rock.
The worst part is that is the best price you'll find.
BiMart has kept their prices lower than everyone else

Yesterday, Walmart Sherwood had 3 boxes of ammo;

2 boxes 28 ga and 1 box 20 ga.

That's it. A few weeks before it was just those 2 boxes of 28ga so they're getting ammo in occasionally (lol)

Biden effect.... lol, I'm sure there's going to be a lot more 'effect' in the coming months / years than just ammo lines.

2 or 3 months ago I was in the Tigard Bi-Mart and they had a few 20 round boxes of .380 and 9mm Silvertip JHP. Prices were reasonable - about $12. I bought one of each.

A few days later I was in the Hillsboro Bi-Mart and they had 6 boxes of 9mm Silvertip JHP but the counter person was helping other people so I walked around the store for a few minutes and came back. All gone. :)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads