JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was in Cabela's in Tualatin last night. No crowd, the way I like it. I was looking for pellet trap for an air rifle. They had a good selection of air gun stuff actually. I checked the ammo section (as required by protocol) and all they had was some sad and lonely 50bmg.

IMG_20210410_192540.jpg

Was in Cabela's in Tualatin last night. No crowd, the way I like it. I was looking for pellet trap for an air rifle. They had a good selection of air gun stuff actually. I checked the ammo section (as required by protocol) and all they had was some sad and lonely 50bmg.

View attachment 859901

That my friend should signal you to either buy or build yourself a FA that shoots 50 BMG. :p

That my friend should signal you to either buy or build yourself a FA that shoots 50 BMG. :p
Haha it actually crossed my mind. It was one of the few rifles they had left on the shelf. But at $74.99/box and the cost of the rifle I would have left there several grand lighter.

The Albany Sportsman has had the same 10 boxes of 375 ultra mag for months. I cant find one of those guns. On second thought, I do like my shoulder where it is but it would be fun!

I know most folks on this forum are not big on buying ammo online, and I freely admit that the prices suck. But FWIW, it's hard to put a price tag on skipping a long wait in what might be a 'line to nowhere.'

Was going to go to the range today to sight in some rifles but it was a little too breezy. So, I decided to go by the grocery store with a side trip to Sportsman's Warehouse. LOL, I got to SW about 20 minutes before opening and there were approximately 100 people in line waiting for the store to open to purchase ammo. The line was almost as long as the grand opening day last fall. I have seen 20 - 35 in the past but this was something else.

Perhaps all this talk about "gun control" this past week is agitating the masses?
The sales guy at the SW on SE 82nd in Milwaukie told me that they post when they get ammo shipments that each store's facebook page gives followers notice, and when they get a shipment of 9mm, .223 / .556, .40 and .22lr folks line up outside. The talk of gun control isn't driving this--or IMO that wouldn't make sense because there is no Federal push to limit ammo--it's the ammo shortage that's been ongoing. I'm sure the fact that summer is approaching, which is relatively free/cheap outdoor public lands range season, is pushing demand higher for firearms users who want to shoot recreationally and are now down to self-defense SHTF stocks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top